Khloe Kardashian's Relationships Drama

11 Things To Do When You're The Khloe Kardashian Of Your Relationships

The wrong relationship can make you feel more alone than when you were single.

654
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuGb7XPAbCb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Perhaps your baby daddy cheated on you with your sister's best friend. Or your NBA ex-boyfriend claimed you ruined his basketball career. Whether your relationship history is anywhere near as dramatic as Khloe Kardashian's, sometimes It sure feels like it. So how do you break free from bad, T.V. show worthy relationships and finally find someone to love? Here's what to do when you're the Khloe Kardashian of your relationships.

1. Listen to your friends

Sometimes your best friends can spot a potential bad partner faster than Kim Kardashian's divorce with Kris Humphries. If your friends don't like your beau, it could be in your best interest to take a second look at the person you are with.

2. Look out for red flags

Previous cheater? Flaming narcissist? Be weary of negative qualities rather than overlooking them. Don't settle for somebody who is pretty good most of the time. They aren't going to satisfy you in the long run.

3. Be your own support system

Don't look towards others to be your emotional support. Rely on yourself and figure out what you can do to keep yourself happy. Find hobbies that you love and spend time with people who encourage positivity.

4. An instant connection doesn't mean you're meant to last

If your feelings fade after the so-called "Honeymoon phase" of a relationship, it might be time to end it. Sometimes the expiration date of a relationship is sooner than presumed and things just aren't working out anymore. Don't be afraid to move on when you no longer think that person is right for you.

5. Let each other breathe

Hanging out too much could extinguish the flame of a new romance before it's even really begun. If you're constantly together 24/7 and leave zero room for friends/family, you're suffocating each other. It is important to have a life outside of your relationship and personal goals you're working towards. Quality of time spent together is better than the quantity.

6. Date when you're ready, not when you feel like you should

There's no reason to jump into things when you don't have the time and aren't emotionally ready to be with someone. Relationships do take effort, so if that's not something you're willing to put forth then it's probably best to stay single (which isn't a bad thing)!

7. Communication

It seems like people these days are afraid to ask for what they want. If you need something from your partner, don't be afraid to ask. You can't be upset if they don't live up to expectations they never knew existed.

8. Honesty and trust

Being honest is important, and hopefully, if you're with somebody who truly cares about you then they will be honest too. Trust what they say and don't feed them false information. If you have no trust in your relationship, you're bound to feel unhappy in it.

9. Keep things mostly private

Unlike Khloe's love life, your romance should stay between you two for the most part. Your friends aren't your personal diary and sharing every detail can cause them to give you biased advice which can lead to your relationship's demise. It's perfectly fine to share things and get input, but there's such a thing as oversharing.

10. Ditch your "type"

If you keep dating similar kinds of people and it ends up in disaster, it's time to break out of your comfort zone. Branch out from the people you generally go for and try to see if someone with a different personality type could suit you better.

11. Love yourself!!

I cannot stress enough how important self-love is not just for relationships, but for your own sake. Take care of your mental health and listen to your body. When you're tired, sleep. When you're stressed, take steps like a hot bath to aid your mind in relaxing. People often forget to put themselves first so it's important to keep reminding that you deserve it.

Hopefully, these tips can help you find love or better a current relationship you may have! Wishing you the very best in your future romantic endeavors.