Khloe Kardashian Needs To Be A Role Model To Fans By Owning The Skin She's In

I get that she didn't agree to be a role model yet, but she's on television for million of girls to see, and she can't take accountability for her actions.

33
File:Khloe Kardashian Glamour.png - Wikipedia

For anyone that isn't aware of the situation, an unedited photo appeared online of Khloe Kardashian. She's standing tall in her two piece bathing suit. Khloe and her media team decided it would be best to remove the photo from all platforms because it was never supposed to see the light of day. Now, instead of embracing her body and encouraging all her fans to love the skin they're in, she has the photo removed. A day later, she post's a Live video to her Instagram showing her body, which looks nothing like the unedited photo that once appeared on our feed. She goes on to say in her Instagram post, "This is me and my body unretouched and unfiltered, and as someone who struggled with body image her whole life, when someone takes a photo of you that isn't flattering, in bad lighting or doesn't capture your body the way it is after working so hard to get to this point, and then shares it to the world, you have every right to ask for it back."

She was praised by her entire Kardashian family, among other celebrities, for being courageous and open.

However, not every celebrity bought into the situation. Jameela Jamil, Kate Upton, and Sophie Ross pushed back at her actions.

It wasn't long ago when Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, and their other sisters were promoting diet teas, diet lollipops to suppress your appetite, and diet shakes. Khloe used to have a show called Revenge Body, and even wrote a book called, "Strong Looks Better Naked." However, she's promoting this idea of a perfect body when she won't even embrace her own body. She launched a denim line called "Good American," and her ultimate goal for her brand was to design inclusive denim jeans for women of all sizes. How can someone push for inclusive sizing but won't embrace an unedited photo of herself?

Khloe, among her other famous sisters, has received backlash for altering their photos, photoshopping, and adding filters to photos.

Young girls look up to all these powerful women who have these massive platforms, and instead of seeing role models who tell them to love their stretch marks, they see an unrealistic body image. Women and girls all over the world are trying to achieve the look that Khloe, and her famous sisters, are putting out there. The big booty, big boobs, slim waist, and fake lips. In their mind, that's the perfect body that everyone wants to achieve but that's not really healthy, is it? Not to mention, Khloe has a daughter and worked out to achieve her goal body after giving birth, but she can't embrace her stretch marks after bringing her daughter into this world?