Katie Crutchfield Performs Acoustic Set at Emerge Impact+Music

Crutchfield's solo performance gave attendees a more intimate atmostphere, coinciding what Emerge Impact Music is trying to represent

6057
Waxahatchee Photo by Christopher Kilkenny

Katie Crutchfield, better known as Waxahatchee performs at the Bunkhouse Saloon on the first night of Noisey’s Emerge Impact+Music festival in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Normally having a band behind her, Crutchfield arrived at Downtown Las Vegas solo, playing an acoustic set of some of her singles like “Swan Dive,” from her acclaimed 2013 album Cerulean Salt.

Crutchfield's solo performance gave attendees a more intimate atmostphere, coinciding what Emerge Impact Music is trying to represent, as artists are gathered over several venues in Las Vegas; hassling time and effort to attend for three-day weekend.

Crutchfield shared she just arrived to Las Vegas shortly before her performance, surprised she was able to make it at all.

Waxahatchee have been around since 2012 and has released four studio albums. Her latest album Out in the Storm was released last year, receiving positive reviews. She also has a twin sister Allison Crutchfield, and played music in a band called P.S. Eliot.

Waxahatchee will be on tour starting April 11th with Hurray for the Riff Raff and will be appearing at the Shaky Knees festival.

Check the tour dates below.

04/11 – Durham, NC @ Motorco Music Hall ^

04/13 – Brooklyn, NY @ Warsaw ^

04/14 – Brooklyn, NY @ Murmrr Ballroom ^

04/15 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club ^

04/16 – Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer ^

04/17 – Somerville, MA @ Somerville Theatre ^

04/19 – Toronto, ON @ Opera House ^

04/20 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrew’s Hall ^

04/21 – Chicago, IL @ Thalia Hall ^

04/22 – Madison, WI @ Majestic Theatre ^

04/23 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue ^

04/25 – Columbia, MO @ The Blue Note ^

04/26 – Nashville, TN @ The Basement East ^

04/27 – Little Rock, AR @ Revolution Music Room ^

04/29 – Austin, TX @ The Mohawk ^

05/04-06 – Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival

07/14-15 – Birmingham, AL @ Sloss Music & Arts Festival

* = w/ Jawbreaker
^ = w/ Hurray for the Riff Raff and Bedouine