Kathryn Walker For SBP

On February 10th the students of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill will have the opportunity to make a choice. As a student you have the ability to vote for the student body president, who, in return, has the ability to help strengthen the Carolina experience.

Kathryn B. Walker, sister of Kappa Kappa Gamma and SBP candidate, stands for Carolina together. Carolina together is Kathryn’s vision of working toward a more unified, safe, and affordable Carolina.

Kathryn is indeed a Tar Heel bred. Her father attended UNC School of Government and her sister Connolly is a recent UNC graduate. Her family’s love for Carolina fostered her love for the university. Her family members appreciation of hard-work and higher education sparked her passion for pursuing and improving greater education.

Born and raised in Morehead City, North Carolina, a small coastal town, Kathryn has grown to appreciate the value of community. Having a father as a city manager gave her the skills she needed to understand how a community could make a difference. The privilege of this knowledge allowed her take part in the Executive Branch of Student Government. She went on in her junior year to serve as Deputy Director of State Affairs, in correspondence with the NC General Assembly.

From these experiences Kathryn has witnessed the successes of Student Government and more importantly she has witnessed, “the voices that slip through its cracks.”

Kathryn B. Walker gives her promise to give a voice to the voiceless and to use those voices to create a more unified community. Unity will allow Tar Heels to construct a more safe and affordable Carolina.

Hark the sound. Vote for Kathryn Walker.