What Is A 'Karen' And Why Can't They Leave Black People Alone?

You'd think during a pandemic that people would be kinder to each other, but that's not the case for the “Karens.“ “Karens" are women who bother people of color for no reason and contact the police because they don't want them there. We've seen this time and time again from people like BBQ Becky, Permit Patty, and Coupon Carl.

Even during the pandemic, we still have to deal with them.

Central Park confrontation sparks outrage overnight l GMA YouTube

Christian Cooper was in Central Park birdwatching on Memorial Day. He sees a woman, Amy Cooper, with her dog off its leash, and park rules say that all dogs need to be on a leash. He asks the woman to put the dog on a leash, and she catches an attitude. He pulls out his phone, and she starts harassing him. She then threatens to call the police and makes sure to say "African American male" to the officers on the phone. She then puts on her panic voice as she is choking out her dog, trying to get her to stay.

The video went viral online, she was fired from her job, had to return her dog (although she got it back last week), and people have called her to be banned from Central Park.

The sad irony in this is that it happened the same day George Floyd was murdered.

This could've had a different outcome had there been no video. White, privileged citizens use their position of privilege to harass black people and use the police as personal security, fully knowing it can end with a black person being arrested or dead. Why does the presence of black people disturb them so much? It is 2020. The racial climate in this country has risen to a point where everyone has had enough and people are marching against police brutality.

We are all just trying to live our best lives.

We can't cook barbecue, sell lemonade, protest, or even walk in our own neighborhood without a “Karen" coming outside to case hysterics. Why can't they let people live in peace? They shouldn't bother anyone when there isn't something wrong. I don't feel bad for Amy Cooper losing her job because she knew what she was doing calling the police. She's only apologizing because she was caught on camera for who she really is.

We are people. We can different shades and races and can live peacefully. You can't say you're not a racist and call the police on a black man doe asking you to put your dog on a leash. Do better or stay inside your house.