Dear Kaitlin Bennet, If The U.S. Had Common Sense Gun Control, You Would Not Be Allowed To Carry

You can't threaten to shoot someone just because they disagree with you.

110

As most people know by now, Kaitlin Bennet is a recent graduate from Kent State University who tweeted a photo of herself with an AR-10 strapped to her back, and a graduation cap that said: "Come And Take It." Since then, she's obnoxiously been making herself more known through stunts like dangerously firing buckshot straight into the air at a gun range after shooting pumpkins in order to show her love of Brett Kavanaugh and her dislike of feminism, going to an anti-Trump rally and threatening the protestors, and "disguising herself" while asking Kent State University students what they thought of her.

reddit.com

One of the most infuriating things about Bennet is that she doesn't seem to understand what feminism is. She often rants about how feminism needs to be destroyed. She doesn't seem to understand that the literal definition of feminism is, "The theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes." I'm not sure why Bennet wouldn't want equal rights, but that's on her. When a Twitter user pointed out that feminism gave Bennet the right to have a voice and to vote, Bennet tweeted back "Feminism didn't give me the right to vote. Men did. But ok." This is truly frightening, Bennet must think that her oppressors are actually her liberators when they give her just a little of what should be rightfully hers (i.e. equal rights). Bennet goes as far as to say that feminists don't actually want equal rights, but that we would rather be victims so that we can turn sympathy into democratic votes.

I'd like to remind Bennet that feminism is the reason that she is able to speak about her beliefs so publicly. Feminism is the reason that she is allowed to vote, allowed to own property, allowed to apply for a credit card. The list goes on. I can only hope that one day, Kaitlin Bennet will be willing to open her eyes and learn that she should be thanking feminist leaders for her freedom.

twitter.com

The fact that Bennet believes that feminism opposes the right for a woman to protect herself shows how delusional she really is. Common sense gun regulation is not about taking guns away from law-abiding citizens, it's about making sure that only those responsible enough to use a gun safely can own one. Personally, I think Bennet knows that she probably wouldn't be allowed to carry a gun if these regulations were put into place, as she regularly threatens people who disagree with her by letting them know that she carries, going as far as to threaten protestors at a recent anti-Trump rally and saying, "That will deter them." She proceeded to insult the protestors by making fun of their clothes and their weight, even looking into the camera and saying: "She's gonna eat it" after a protestor spoke into Bennet's microphone.

On October 13th, Bennet posted a video on Twitter, stating, "Just wanted to remind all the violent feminists that have sent me death threats this week that it's not a good idea to threaten an armed woman." People like Bennet that use firearms as a threat only strengthen the argument for gun control.

twitter.com

Kaitlin, I want you to know that I pity you. The fact that you carry doesn't scare me. It is very clear that you don't want your gun for protection. You want your gun to make a statement. You want your gun to say, "I have permission to be rude and offensive and to instill fear in others." It is clear that you only feel powerful and important when you're able to hide behind a weapon and threaten to shoot anyone who has an opinion that differs from yours. You are advocating for your cause in all the wrong ways. You are giving us every reason to oppose you. Good luck, and wake up.