Just Wear What You Want, To Class Or To Anywhere

You shouldn't have to feel pressure to look perfect 24/7.

23

Comfort. Everyone craves it, so when you are dressing yourself in the morning, why should your mentality be different? Do what makes you happy and discount what everyone else thinks.

When I wake up in the morning and get my outfit ready; it really doesn't take me that long. I have a rotation of five sweatpants and some random T-shirts that were usually free. I'm not saying my look is a problem, in college and this wardrobe isn't unique, but when other girls think lesser on those who want to be comfortable is where see a problem.

There are so many societal pressures alongside the added pressures of school– so what does it matter what I look like? I'm comfortable beyond measure. When I graduate and enter the workforce, I won't have the pleasures of walking around in my favorite sweatpants. At this point, I don't know how to wear clothes apart of them– but that's something for future me to work out.

Life is too short to be overly consumed by appearance, especially when in college when appearance doesn't necessarily matter. So when you see online that wearing sweats, leggings or Nike shorts is unladylike– remind yourself that ultimately it doesn't matter what you're wearing to class.

Change your mentality and care about the moments. Because when you are creating your memories, you won't remember your outfit — unless it was show-stopping. Take the energy that you would use to create the perfect outfit to create perfect moments instead. Live in the moment and cherish the light around you and remember that life has so much more to celebrate than what you wore to your 8 a.m. class — you do you, boo.