Maybe It's Time To Pick Up A Book And Learn To Enjoy Reading

Have you read 'The Hate U Give' by Angie Thomas?

6

A book. A book can tell you a lot of things. A book can really change the way you think or leave you thinking about life. Or maybe it is just something you need to think about because a class requires to do so. Well, maybe it's just time to dig in and start reading. However, this reading can be of choice.

It doesn't have to be a book required for class or a book you just heard about. This book can be one that you wanted to read for quite some time. Or a book you might want to read over. Let's face the reality though for a second. How many books have you actually read after high school? Or maybe even In college?

If the number is 0 or less than five maybe its time to find a favorite author. Take some time to just absorb new perspectives. Reading for fun is not always a bad thing. It is a good way just to clear your mind, to de-stress, to learn. While reading always have a journal and pen. Because if you're an avid reader you might want to jot down some notes or favorite quotes from pages.

Whether you are reading classic books or new fiction books, it doesn't matter. A great way to just leave reality for a couple of minutes or hours. Often times people prefer to just listen to audio books because they don't have the time of day to read a book. That's okay! As long as you did some sort of fun reading than you should be good.

I myself am an avid reader and there really isn't another way I would go about it. Reading has always been a passion for me and it all starts by putting in the time. Reading different genres is always key to. Don't always get stuck on one genre. Keep yourself open to new ideas, new perspectives, diversity of content.

Reading is also a great way to come up with ideas. Just the very fact of reading for fun and getting ideas about assignments of life, in general, should be a goal. Knowing the meaning that the author is conveying or simply the message should be the goal. Not every book has a great ending to it but every book has content worth the read!

Next time you go to the library to study, do homework, or just to relax start looking for books. Because with the learning, or the new ideas generated comes an easy and fun way to pass time!

Some books that I would suggest reading that have powerful messages and impacting content are the following: The Hate U Give- Angie Thomas, Tuesdays With Morrie- Mitch Albom, To Kill A Mocking Bird- Harper Lee, and The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini.

All these books are written by great authors. Authors that put in the time, effort and work to inspire others. So continue to open yourself to new content. Continue to raise awareness for issues that need to be addressed, but most of all continue to seek knowledge and apply that knowledge to life.