Don't leave trash outside your apartment
Lifestyles

Just because you pay rent doesn't mean you should be Leaving your Trash Outside Your Apartment

It is not that hard to walk 15 feet to the dumpster.

133

As you enter this wonderful journey into your adulthood, you will probably start doing things such as moving into your own place. However, just because you are finally getting a new home and starting to pay your rent, you should be considerate of the people who live around you and the complex itself.

One of the basic ways to start is to at least take your trash outside of your apartment and not leave it outside your door or on your lawn like you don't have a dumpster.

First off, it is not the job of the employees of the complex or the people who live around you to clean up your trash. Unless you have the luxury of paying for a designated cleaning or maid service, no one is required to pick up your mess. Don't think otherwise.

Unless there is a specifically designated person to literally pick it up for you included with your rent and utilities, don't expect someone to be there to pick up after you.

If you weren't aware of why trash needs to be taken out in the first place, let me tell you why. If you leave trash sitting for a while it will start to attract bugs and smells. Especially with food trash, it will attract unwanted pests and start to have that wonderful rotting smell. It's even worse if it's on a particularly hot day because that will most likely speed up the process leading to the god-awful smell.

Finally, no one wants to see your trash. No one cares how many cases of beer you drank last night, what groceries you use, or anything that deserves to go into the dumpster. Also, if it is laying in the middle of the hallway, it can be tripped over and get all over someone's shoes.

So please just do us all a favor and just bring it out to the dumpster. It is acceptable to leave it outside your home for a day or two, but after that, you're starting to push it. Please be considerate of your neighbors and the people who take care of the home you live in.