Josephine: An Albino Seal

Josephine: An Albino Seal

Luna needs a friend don't you think?

20
Josephine: An Albino Seal
Mobil HD Walls

Hello all! You've read all about Luna, but don't you think she needs a friend? Here you can read all about her faithful companion!

Luna's most faithful companion is a small, albino seal: Josephine. She is a puny seal pup, and it seems as though she will always be a small creature. Her albinoness is pure and makes her looks as though she were a snowflake in the midst of an ash storm. This starkly contrasts the obsidian of Luna, and the pair seem to be complete opposites. But they are the best of friends nonetheless. You see, Josephine is a daring creature, an exuberantly friendly seal that wants nothing but adventure out of life, and this is how she found Luna.

Josephine was tired of her arctic home. The never-ending days ran into each other, and the never-ending nights were loathsome. So, at three months old, our little orphan escaped to reckless adventure. Sliding her way across the icy plains, she eventually made it to the edge, only to find nothing but water. Determined to find a new life for herself, she swam, and she swam, and she swam. Until finally, she made it to land. The land she made it to was rough and unlike anything she had ever seen. And even though it hurt her, she loved it. For it was new, and it was adventurous.

There were small, granular rocks that attached themselves to her. There were slimy, emerald-brown plants that wrapped themselves around her fins. The sun above her was much closer and much hotter than the sun of her arctic home. Josephine was uncomfortable; she was itchy; she was hot; her skin was dry; her eyes were filled with salt. But Josephine was happy. She was amazed by her surroundings, and despite it all, Josephine was elated that she left her 'home.'

Our resilient little seal lumbered up the beach until she made it to copper colored grass. It did not feel much better either; the dry grass rubbed against her white tummy the wrong way until it was raw and red. But soon enough, the grass turned green and lush, and Josephine was on her way to meeting an obsidian dragon.

She came upon trees. Tall oaks that loomed high above her small body. These were things she had never seen before, and she was bewildered. Frozen in a mixture of fear and wonder, Josephine stared at the large creatures and waited for them to move. They did not. Feeling a bit braver, she lumbered forward and sniffed the dusty and fractured bark. It seemed safe enough, and so, our audacious little creature went into the dark forest.

After some time of exploring, Josephine realized that she was tired, thirsty, and desperately lost. Naturally, this caused some panic to rise up in her tummy, and a small cry escaped her dry maw. A sound that was delicate, and filled with utmost pain. Pain that Josephine had carried since the beginning of her journey. The pain of loneliness.

The world went black.

Dreams filled the little animal's mind as her weak body fought against all odds. Nightmares of waves. Nightmares of fire. Nightmares of dragons. Nightmares of bright lights. Nightmares of demons. Nightmares of the world.

She awoke because of the sound of a cool stream and the breath from a warm snout. As Josephine opened her tired eyes, she saw a fuzzy figure before her, but a large one nonetheless. And she was afraid.

"Don't be scared. I want to be your friend," a large, yet gentle, voice called, "I'm lonely you see."

Josephine had a choice to make. Risk being eaten, or risk dying in the wilderness. Risk being lonely forever, or risk having her heart broken. Risk having a friend, or risk keeping her heart safe. In the end, the choice was easy.

"I'm lonely too," her small voice responded, "Shall we be friends?" The first thing Josephine fully saw was a large toothy smile from Luna.