Album Review

Jorja Smith's Album Review

Smith's debut album "Lost & Found," is out now!

41
Jorja Smith's Album Review
Wikimedia

English singer Jorja Smith has released a debut album called "Lost & Found" with an impressive 12 song track list. With a large social media presence, many love Smith for her immense singing talent and undeniable beauty. SHE IS PERFECTION. Collaborating in records with people like Drake and Kali Uchis, Smith is familiar with the ins and outs of the music industry. Signed under FAMM Record label, Jorja Smith released her first solo album on June 8, 2018. As a huge fan for new music and talent, I knew it was necessary to listen to Smith's obvious talent. I believe there is only one right way to listen to an album for the first time. First, close your door. Second, make sure you are in a quiet environment where you can properly absorb the music. Lastly, lay down and relax. With listening to the album before bed, I compiled a review to some of my favorite songs on the record. More specifically, I will be writing about how the songs made me feel.

Lost and Found:

This song is what a glass of wine would sound like. It sounds like a movie montage of people staring out the window. It sounds like the climatic and reflective part of the movie where the main character is looking out the window dramatically.

February 3rd:

This song made me feel young and nostalgic. It is the music you play when you are relaxed and painting or writing. This is a self care song as it is calming with R&B influences.

The One:

This song feels like swaying in a room with a grand piano in the center of it. This song is what it feels like to need someone who you may not want to need. It is one of the most heart felt within the album. This song will get you into the feeling you didn't know you had.

Don't Watch Me Cry:

NOW THIS IS THE SONG. This song is emotional and vocally impressive. I felt vulnerable and in desperate need of a hug after this song. It was by far the most personal of Smith's album.

Teenage Fantasy:

This is a sing along song. It is what young adulthood sounds like and it is the most relatable on Smith's album.

Overall, Jorja Smith succeeded in creating an impressive debut album. The album highlighted her talent. Smith pulled on themes that are incredibly relatable to her audience. The feeling of young love, friendship, and finding your identity reflected her album. She created calming tunes that can be heard alone or in a chill environment with friends. You killed it, Jorja!

Related Articles Around the Web