Why You Should Write For Odyssey!

Why You Should Write For Odyssey!

It's one click away: http://theodysseyonline.com/apply
4887

Hey! You there! How did you find this article? Probably because a friend of yours shared it on Facebook, right? What if I told you, YOU can write one of these articles. YOU can become a published author and have YOUR article shared all over social media sites, such as Facebook! It's true, it's easy, and it's fun. Come join the team and write for Odyssey ! Not convinced yet? Okay, here are ten reasons you should write for the Odyssey:

1. It doesn't take much time from your other activities

If you have time to read this article, then you probably have time to write for Odyssey. Each article is about 500 words and takes at least thirty minutes to write. That's like replacing one Netflix episode with writing an article — very doable!

2. You're a published author!

Your articles get published on Odyssey's website for the public to read. Viola! Just like that, you're suddenly a published author as a college student.

3. If you get the most shares out of your school's writers, you make $20!

You're in college and on a tight budget. Any extra helps, right? The Odyssey requires you to write one article a week, typically. That means you can earn up to $80 a month by doing approximately 2 hours of work. That's $40 an hour!

4. It's like venting to the public.

If there is ever an event, like a riot or shooting, that upsets you, and you want people to know how you feel, this is a way of getting your words heard. These articles are generally relatively editorial, so it is all your opinion.

5. Seriously, you can write about almost anything.

With categories such as "Lifestyle," "Sports," and "500 Words On," there is always a category for what you want to write.

6. It looks good on a resume.

You're a published writer-- how about adding that to a resume, huh? The Odyssey gives you work experience. You gain expertise in writing, appealing to a specific demographic, working alongside editors, and striving to meet deadlines.

7. It's fun and relaxing.

Going into college, you think you'll have a ton of free time. Less time in classes means more free time to relax, right? Wrong. You have a ton of homework, classes, sports practices, extra club activities, meetings with professors and advisors, and barely any time to sleep. In short, college is stressful. Odyssey allows you to vent whatever is on your mind into an article. It relaxes you and you can do it within the short time frame you have available.

8. It improves your writing skills.

Odyssey is not about writing essays. You already practice research papers and essays in school; Odyssey permits you to practice a different type of writing. It's similar to blogging, but a little more structured. Basically, this style of writing is somewhat unique to Odyssey.Sign up and try it out!

9. You don't always have to spend hours researching.

Like I've said-- you're busy and you've already written research papers. Articles on Odyssey are relatively editorial, meaning you can write your opinion rather than researching someone else's. However, if you *want* to do research for your article, obviously, it is allowed.

10. We want YOU.

That's right! The Odyssey is always looking for new writers to join the team, and it is easy to apply...just click on this link!