Joelle James Is Here To "Apply Pressure"

Grammy winning songwriter, Joelle James releases new single "Apply Pressure"

19

Joelle James, is the future of women in music. As a female entrepreneur, she has had quite a success story. James founded her own company called VNLLAFCTRY, has secured a Grammy, is a successful songwriter, and is now is releasing her own music.

In a recent virtual meeting over Zoom, she dove into her songwriting process and explained that she really just steps up to the mic and lets things flow as they come to her. She also described that some of her most influential artists include Aretha Franklin, Chris Brown, and Ariana Grande. But to be completely honest, she has a sound of her own and an acapella voice that could in my opinion be one of the best I've ever heard.

Her latest release was "Apply Pressure", and the cover art really does represent the song title. With diamonds being both in the lyric video and on the cover, it goes to show that she thought long and hard about how she was going to perfect the branding in addition to the song's catchiness.

You can hear the R&B influence throughout the song, but wow her voice really just brings it to life.

If you haven't heard any of her music yet you're missing out.