Have Old Accessories?

Your old jewelry doesn’t need to take up permanent residence in your jewelry box. Turn it into something useful that’s new and unique. Here are some of the ways that you can make your old jewelry work for you.

Make a Fabulous Wind Chime

Get creative with your old necklaces and earrings. Use them to create some sparkle and flash on your porch. The necklaces can be used for the stringers on the outside of the wind chime. Use old hoop earrings or a stiff bracelet to tie everything together. Consider using a brooch as the wind catcher portion of your wind chime. It doesn’t need to be loud in order to be considered a wind chime. The sun may catch the different colors and textures of the jewelry to create some interest.

Create Awe-Inspiring Christmas Tree Ornaments

You have any number of options when it comes to making Christmas tree ornaments out of old jewelry. One option is to keep the jewelry intact and hang it directly on your tree. You could also pull beads and other decorative parts off of the jewelry to create something new and unique. Consider gluing a backer board onto your creations. This will give it a little more strength and rigidity to hold up on your tree for years to come.

Glam up Your Pant Pockets

Glue jewelry onto the pockets of your favorite pants. This technique is similar to the bedazzled craze of a few years ago. Another option is to pin the jewelry on so that it can be interchangeable. You can alter your look every day of the week. Use belt loops to advantage if you want to keep your jewelry pieces intact. You never know when that old piece of jewelry will come back into style. This will allow you to preserve it for future use.

Sell It

You may lack the talent or inclination to turn your old jewelry into something new. Selling it can provide you with a little bit of extra spending cash. Look into companies, like Longhorn Jewelry Exchange, that will purchase your old jewelry for the best price. There are also places that will purchase your jewelry online. This allows you the convenience of not having to make a trip down to the store.

Jewelry that’s just sitting around collecting dust isn’t doing you any favors. Find some way to revitalize your old jewelry so that you can put it to a good use.