Jeremiah Stokes is Becoming Known More and More as a Musician

Jeremiah Stokes rising music artist has big plans on the cards to start out the year 2021 on a powerful note. He excels within the art of delivering an honest narrative and his music evokes emotions in his audience.

14

For the past years, he has done an exquisite job within the music industry as he has impressed the audience together with his music. Born and raised in Indianapolis, IN, the talented music artist is understood within the music world together with his pseudonym, Stokes. The music artist grew up under the influence of music lovers and it set a robust foundation for his journey within the music industry.

The young artist better known as Jeremiah Stokes was Interview by Honk Magazine staff. According to the interview, Stokes talks about his background how tough it was growing up in the music industry as an independent artist, and his great achievement so far in the music industry. When you are looking to back down in the music industry first read what those who made it to the Top pass through to be where they are today. There would be a tough time but the outcome of the tough time is what every up-and-coming artist is after (Success). Stokes has been able to pave his way to the TOP in the music industry with distinguish music and flow in music. Below these articles are the questions asked by Honk magazine staff and the responses given by Jeremiah Stokes in the interview.

Check below, I am sure you will learn something from his story and this would also motivate you not to give up on your DREAM just as Stokes never gave up on his dream.

1: Tell us about your background getting to where you are today?

• Man, honestly faith in God and just not giving up when shit got tough; my life has been a mess for the better half of my existence. I really spoke all of this into existence. I just stayed consistent. No matter my situation, I

2: Where are you from?

• I was born in LaPorte, Indiana. I've resided in the capital, Indianapolis, for most of my life though. 219-317.

3: How did you get into music?

• I've always been sharp with literary skills since I was a child. I figured if I was so good at rapping and singing along with all of my favorite artists who are literally just speaking on their experiences from their perspective... Why can't I do the same? So I just started taking writing a lot more seriously and it started with poetry that evolved into music. I still sometimes write poems for fun but it definitely took a backseat because I like music more.

4: What is the most challenging thing you have overcome in your life?

• I was going to say my emotions and my own trauma but presently I can say I'm in an uphill battle with poverty. I come from ACTUAL poverty. Bottom of the "middle" class type shit... Section 8, Food stamps, all of that. Mom was feeding me and my sister with Penn Station vouchers for a GRIP. I haven't touched my big bag just yet but I learned to overcome poverty, you gotta change the way you think about it. For instance, I don't like calling myself "broke" & that has nothing to do with pride. When my funds are low, I just say I'm between fortunes or waiting for my check, because while your pockets might be slim, the latter statement is always true. There is always money out there and it's not going anywhere. I don't let it fuck my head up and ruin my life as many people would assume someone who was previously poor would. I'm just determined to figure this shit out without having to deal with drugs or the streets; I don't want to fall into the same trap my father did.

5: Are you currently signed or independent?

• 100% independent. I own my own publishing company through BMI and everything. I would REALLY like a deal if it makes sense. I want to own my music flat out but I would absolutely not be opposed to a partnership with an Independent label... or hell, even a major if they aren't being shiesty.

6: Who inspires you the most musically?

• Ab-Soul, Kendrick Lamar, Earl Sweatshirt, WenYuWnt, The Weeknd, Mac Miller, Childish Gambino, XXXTentacion, Bonobo, The Hics, Don Toliver, Kanye West, Jay Z, Damon Albarn, Chester Bennington

7: What do you want people to take away after listening to your music?

• Mind the spells you speak over your life because you can fix your life, just as quickly as you can ruin it.... just by saying nice things to and about yourself and your circumstances. My music is powerful because I incorporate magick into my relatable lyrics. I literally want men and women, boys and girls the world over to quote my songs and know that I am writing this music to help me as much as I'm trying to help you. Just listen closely.

8: What is your greatest achievement as a musician?

• To be announced.... but some really cool things I've accomplished are:
  • Meeting and networking with iLLMiND at his Pass The Aux event.
  • I dropped my debut project, The Harrowing EP, in November and it's already about to break 50,000 cumulative streams, all independent and organic.
  • My music has been played on multiple college radios several times, namely DePauw.
  • Been covered in Medium

All of my REALLY important moves are on the way through now that pandemic is slowly getting a bit better... so stay tuned for sure.

9: Do you produce your own music? If not, who do you work with?

• I do not but I am about to learn here soon because I love MIDI controllers. The producers I work with the most frequently are all in-house and Indianapolis or Midwest natives for the most part. I have beats from Harry Otaku, Mandog, Bangers By One (aka Robert Jay), Ehll Evans, Emerson Vernon, blkyth, Lord Ward, H.0.M.3., BA on the Beat

10: Who is one artist you wish you could work with?

• Kenny Mason

11: Tell us about any new music you have coming out? When is it coming out? What is it about?

• Natalie actually hit me at a great time because I am gearing up to drop an EP titled "Process Of Elimination" or (P.O.E.) on or around my birthday in August. It'll be the precursor to my Freshman release/Debut album. (TBA)

12: What does a day inside your shoes look like?

• It's a mix of enlightening epiphanies, ADHD, intense bursts of creativity, and crippling depression some days. Other times, I'm pretty relaxed in most cases and I don't trip over too much until I get annoyed or I feel overwhelmed. I like eating healthy and holistically.

13: Anything else you want the audience to know about you?

• I am absolutely not being cocky when I say this but stick around and I assure you, I belong amongst the greats in this music shit. I am one of the greatest to ever do this, lyrically. My goal is to get noticed and eventually managed or picked up by TDE. I promise to change your opinion and shine as brightly as possible to change your opinion about an artist from Indianapolis.