Sorry, Sisters; James Charles Has Been CANCELLED

The popular makeup guru and social media icon, James Charles, isn't new to scandals. It seems like he is always involved in some drama, but this time, the scandal may have cost him his career.

14

James Charles is a 19-year-old millionaire who is known for being the first male CoverGirl and for his YouTube channel where he does makeup videos. He seemed to be thriving and had a lot of supporters, such as Jeffree Star, Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, and Katy Perry. Charles was doing well in his career; as of not too long ago, he released an eyeshadow palette that he collaborated with MORPHE on.

Charles' career seemed to be booming until he got involved in one too many scandals.

Tati Westbrook, another YouTuber, also does makeup and beauty videos. When James Charles was first starting out on YouTube, Westbrook mentored him. She let him join her on some of her videos to let her subscribers see him and get his name out there. They were close friends. Westbrook even let Charles do her makeup for her wedding because she trusted him and his skills.

Westbrook essentially started Charles' career because she put a lot of time and money into helping him thrive. She never asked for money, or a collab video, or anything in return.

Westbrook is also known for her Halo Beauty vitamins that are meant to help improve hair, skin, and nails. James Charles never promoted his best friend's product because he felt uncomfortable promoting the supplements to his young audience.

This is where he did Tati dirty.

Charles claimed that, at Coachella this year, he was being attacked by people and needed security. He texted his friend, Nikita Dragun, if she could ask Sugar Bear Hair to help him get security. Sugar Bear Hair is a competing brand to Halo Beauty Vitamins. A lot of celebrities have endorsed Sugar Bear Hair, so it is Westbrook's biggest competitor.

In agreement for receiving security at Coachella, Charles was asked to make one Instagram story video where he would have to endorse one of their new sleep vitamins.

He did.

This shattered Westbrook because she felt that her best friend, who she helped create, was helping a different product succeed, which ultimately hurt her product!

He didn't want to promote his best friend's product, but went off to endorse her competitor? That's just hurtful and mean.

On top of all of that, there are stories coming out about Charles' predatory behavior towards straight men. Charles is an openly gay man but seems to target straight men. Even in his videos, he talks about celebrities, who are straight, in a perverted and disgusting manner. He has even stated that he only goes for straight guys.

One boy Charles was talking and hanging out with, Sam Cooke, was bicurious and didn't have experience with guys before. After hanging out and making out with Charles, Cooke told him that he knew he was not into men and that he was straight. Charles responded back to him, saying, "You're not straight, no matter how many times you tell yourself." More and more stories are popping up proving Charles' disgusting behavior towards men and how he is a sexual predator.

The best part of all of this has been how the scandals have affected his YouTube channel. Before this scandal, he had over 16.5 million YouTube subscribers. Westbrook had under six million subscribers.

After Westbrook released a video on her channel explaining this whole debacle, her subscriber count started shooting up, and Charles' count started plummeting.

As of right now, Westbrook has a little over 10 million subscribers while Charles lost over three million and has about 13.5 million subscribers.

Not only is he losing his audience, but he is also losing major support from influencers and celebrities. The supporters he used to have of Jeffree Star, Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, and Katy Perry all unfollowed him on social media. Even his own best friend's unfollowed him. His former sister squad that consisted of Emma Chamberlain, Ethan Dolan, and Grayson Dolan all unfollowed him.

His true colors are showing, and it is nice to see that people are not going to support him or his repulsive and sickening behavior and are unsubscribing to his channel.