The Victim Of The Jaguar Attack Honestly Deserved It

Thankfully, it will NOT be Harambe Pt. 2

JordynL
JordynL
4087

This event has been the focus of many media outlets such as NBC, ABC, CBS, The Today Show, etc. A woman had climbed over a barrier in order to get closer to the jaguar's cage to take a SELFIE. The woman has recently came forward and admitted that she was in the wrong, but that the zoo should take more precautions to make the jaguar enclosure safer. (WHAT?)

"I'm not the first and if they don't move the fence, I'm probably not gonna be the last." "I never expected. We're all human, we all make mistakes, and I've learned my lesson." -The idiot who crossed an enclosure barrier.

As far as I can recall, I've seen nothing on the news about someone getting attacked by an animal in such a way; unless they were provoked. However, within the past year, this particular jaguar has attacked before because ANOTHER individual had crossed the barrier and provoked the animal. This woman is in the wrong, as was the previous person, but she wants to place blame on the zoo because of their enclosure design. As far as "I never expected", it's a wild animal in a zoo enclosure. Keeping the obvious in mind, she also had her hand in the paws of the jaguar. What did you expect? That it would act like a domestic cat and lick you while purring? No. Even house-cats can be provoked and claw and bite their owners. Why should a wildcat be any different?

The zoo has came forward and made a statement saying that the jaguar, Sara, will NOT be euthanized because she was provoked, but instead is not out for public display for the time being. The zookeepers do not blame the jaguar for the incident because it was the fault of the visitor. The zoo also stated that they are up to USDA standards and regulations with the enclosure. Since a jaguar is a predator, they are required to have two barriers between the predator and the visitors, which this zoo and other zoos have in place.

Jaguar Attacks Woman Who Jumped Zoo Barrier For Selfie | TODAY www.youtube.com

These barriers, with any animals, are there for a reason. They're meant to keep the visitors safe from any incidents that could happen. That only gets tossed out the window when someone decides to disregard safety in order to get a picture. The zoom functions in our cameras are there for a reason, everyone.

The fact that zookeepers, officials, news casters, and so forth have to remind people to not cross the barriers of a zoo enclosure is foolish because you would think it would be common sense. This woman, the person before her, and others clearly don't have this not-so-common way of thinking have paid the price for it. Yet, this woman has the audacity to try to place even the tiniest bit of blame on the zoo because it's "not safe enough". Most children, obviously aside from the Harambe incident, know better than this grown woman. Isn't that funny?

So what lesson did we learn from this? Don't be stupid. Use your zoom function.

If you want to disregard safety with a wild animal, go to a safari or travel abroad to an African savanna. Don't cross a barrier at a zoo or you'll be made into a laughing-stock to those with common sense.