I’m Sick and Tired of Morphe Monetizing On Jaclyn Hill

I’m Sick And Tired Of Morphe Monetizing On Jaclyn Hill

As much as I love her, I think Jaclyn needs to focus on starting her own cosmetics line instead of putting her name on every new Morphe product.

687
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm4tvZUgdX1/?taken-by=morphebrushes

If there are a few things anybody knows about me, it's that I'm pretty funny (no shame), I LOVE dogs, and I love makeup. Like, I love makeup. No matter whether it be drugstore or high end, I love seeing how different products work with my skin, or how they can enhance my look. A brand that I've loved for years now is Morphe Cosmetics.

Starting out as a smaller brand, they revolutionized the way, and the price point, that makeup was sold. They originally were an online retailer only, specializing in their signature "35" palettes. Their most popular one for the longest time was the "35O" eyeshadow palette. The "35O" was seriously the best eyeshadow palette on the market for years, with thirty-five original colors at a price point of only $23. Not only were their products cheap, but they were AMAZING. Usually, you get what you pay for, but Morphe definitely raised the bar HIGH for their competition. The makeup industry was shook over this smaller indie brand trying to play with the big dogs, like Urban Decay and NARS. Morphe has also been known for how cheap their makeup brushes are. Their brushes range from $5-$20, whereas bigger higher-end makeup brands usually range from $20-$40 for a brush. I know, those prices are ridiculous. That's why Morphe is a true God sent in the makeup world. Since then, Morphe has branched out into various ULTA locations and even beginning to open up their own storefronts all over the nation.

One of the best-known makeup artists and beauty influencers in the makeup world is Jaclyn Hill. Like, seriously, she's one in a million. I really do love her. In 2017, she collaborated with Morphe Cosmetics to create the BEST eyeshadow palette in the history of the universe. As dramatic as that may sound, ask anybody who has it. I guarantee you they'd agree. It was the best eyeshadow product on the market ever since the original 35O palette. The Jaclyn Hill Palette sold out numerous times online, making it a permanent product. I can't even imagine the amount of money that was brought in just from that product. They made BIG bucks, I'm positive of it. So as you can see, Morphe has a pretty good track record. They know where and how to strike big. Props to them.

So now it's 2018 and Morphe has been around for ten years now. Don't get me wrong, they're still my ride-or-die with products. Their setting spray is to die for, and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't own almost every single brush. But I'm honestly getting fed up with them.

Ever since they realized the absolute gold mine that is Jaclyn Hill, they've continued to collaborate with her and make more products. They created "The Vault" collection, which was four individual eyeshadow palettes with fifteen colors in each, and that every color was a specific shade that didn't make it into the original Jaclyn Hill palette. Now look, I can't lie, that was a smart idea. I'm all for knowing the business process behind makeup and how or why certain pigments didn't make it into the original product. Cool, maybe I'm just a huge makeup nerd. But more recently, they created the Jaclyn Hill brush collection.

Let me give you some insight into why this was a completely unnecessary product.

Up until about a year or so ago, there was already a Jaclyn Hill "Must-Have Favorites" brush collection. It consisted of original Morphe brushes and Jaclyn picked out about 25-30 of them that were her favorites. And it SOLD. Jaclyn has this magical power in sales where when she talks about a product, I want to buy it. Even if I don't need it, I still want it.

So now, there is a NEW JH brush collection. It's not that these aren't smart ideas, I just think that the brand saw Jaclyn as a huge jackpot, and I think it's ridiculous. I understand the idea of making money as a corporation but I really do think that they're using the name of "Jaclyn Hill" to continue to make the big bucks. As much as I love her, I think Jaclyn needs to focus on starting her own cosmetics line instead of putting her name on every new Morphe product.