I've Got So Much To Thank Him For

I've Got So Much To Thank Him For

-So Much To Praise Him For-

1162
I've Got So Much To Thank Him For
Ashlyn Rittenberry

"WHEN I LOOK AROUND AND SEE

THE GOOD THINGS HE DOES FOR ME

I KNOW I'M UNWORTHY OF THEM ALL

BUT HIS BLESSINGS HE FREELY GIVES

I OWE MY LIFE TO HIM

I'VE GOT SO MUCH TO THINK HIM FOR.

CHORUS :

AND I'VE GOT SO MUCH TO THANK HIM FOR

SO MUCH TO PRAISE HIM FOR

WELL YOU SEE NOW HE'S BEEN SO GOOD TO ME

AND WHEN I THINK OF WHAT HE'S DONE

AND WHERE HE BROUGHT ME FROM

I'VE GOT SO MUCH TO THANK HIM FOR

VERSE 2 :

AND SOMETIMES WHILE ON THIS WAY

I KNEEL I STOP AND SAY

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE FOR ME

AND ONE DAY I'LL REACH SWEET HEAVENS SHORE

OH PLEASE JUST LET ME KNEEL ONCE MORE

I'VE GOT SO MUCH TO THANK HIM FOR"

We sing this song sometimes in church, and it has such great meaning to it, but until that Tuesday night in June, it didn’t have that “special” meaning to me that it had to so many of my friends and family.

As a sixteen-year-old girl, I had always wondered why hadn’t I received my special gift so many people I knew already had. I mean, I can’t even begin to explain how blessed I already was. I had been tossed around foster homes until I was six years old, and thanks to the good lord up above, I was adopted when I was seven by an incredible Christian family.

My parents saw to it that I was in church every Sunday and that I knew the difference between right and wrong. They taught me at a young age that being saved was the most important thing that would ever happen to me, and they assured me when the time came and I was under conviction I would know.

So years passed and I had friends get saved at age nine, ten, and eleven. My younger brother and sister both told they got saved before me. Then here I was, a soon to be a sophomore in high school and driving, and I still didn’t have what it took to get to heaven. I would question God constantly, but I still didn’t have that feeling.

When the preacher would preach about hell, it scared me a little because I mean what kid isn’t going to be bothered by the thought of an eternity in fire…but it didn’t scare me to the point where I knew that’s where I was going.

Sunday after Sunday passed and revivals came and went every year…so many people would come to me hugging and crying asking if I was lost, but I would just look at them and say no. It honestly started getting on my nerves a little because I knew they weren’t moving because God told them too. Every time I would tell them “No, I’m not lost,” and I meant it every time until that week in a revival of 2015.

This revival was different than all others. I didn’t look forward to going to church, and when the preacher would preach about hell… I was terrified. All I could do was squirm and sweat. I know the entire church saw the conviction all over me, but I thought I could fool them a little while longer.

Multiple people came up to me each night, crying and begging me to pray, but I lied and told them I wasn’t lost. The preachers came to me, but once again I lied. I don’t know if you would really say I lied to them or not though because I honestly was confused. I knew the second I admitted I was lost, everything would change. That meant pouring my heart and soul out to the lord and begging him to save me, and my stubborn self just did not want to do that.

So, a few days in that revival passed and then one night a woman came up to me and asked if I needed to pray. Now, I had never talked to this woman or even noticed her in church before, but I know without a doubt, God led her to me. The second she asked me, I felt the fear flood over me and I had to get serious with God. That night I bowed at my seat in the back of my church and I prayed and prayed.

I didn’t get through that night, but each night when I came back I would search for that knock from God, so I could pray again. I wanted my precious gift so badly. On the second Monday night, a boy who was around my age got saved. We had been bowing together every single night and I couldn’t help but get mad at God. I was beating myself up over the fact that if God was there to save him right beside of me, why didn’t he save me too?

I am absolutely extremely thankful I know today that that Monday night wasn’t meant for me because God already had something in store for me the next night.

I got my ticket to Heaven on June 30, 2015.

My God works in the most mysterious ways. He brought me from a past I thought I’d never escape from and sent me to a loving, Christian family where I would be able to be saved in an old country church and later become a member there. Throughout my high school years and first semester of college, I have been blessed to have a friend like no other and keep my faith strong.

I wouldn’t trade my testimony for anyone else’s or anything in this entire world. As Thanksgiving approaches, I can think of so many things I have to be thankful for, but the one that will always be at the top of my list is my salvation, and nothing will ever come before my relationship with God.