It's Time To Be A Bumblebee

It's Time To Be A Bumblebee

A bumblebee flies because no one told it, it couldn't.

44
It's Time To Be A Bumblebee
Unsplash

A bumblebee should not be able to fly, but why does it anyway?

Because no one told it, it couldn't.

When a bumblebee flies it in the very act is defying the laws of physics. A bumblebee's body is too large for its wings to lift their body off of the ground. But the bumblebee does not care, doesn't waste its energy thinking about why they can't fly. Doesn't let physics, the great scientific laws, control its everyday growth.

It does not concern itself with the worries and doubts of others.

It flies, it thrives.

But when is it your time to fly without worrying about the preconceived notions of this tainted world?

We live our life trying to tip toe around the thoughts and disbeliefs in others. We ground ourselves and remind ourselves that we can't do the longings of our soul. Remember having those dreams, but being told it was time to grow up. Why are certain goals and dreams related to being immature or having your head in the clouds? Being told you would never get there so do not waste your time.

There is a reason the bumblebee flies. They did not worry themselves with the "No's" of this world. The bumblebee wanted to fly, so it did.

We are not promised a single day on this Earth, every day, every hour is a gift. So it is time to stop listening to everyone's disbeliefs and fly. Do not waste these precious days with the worries of others in your heart. They do not walk your walk, they do not have the same colors in their soul. They were not created to understand you, you were created to be you. It is not your job to make someone understand you, do not waste your precious time.

We walk this life wondering what strangers might think of us. Strangers that have never impacted our lives, and probably will never. We second guess our goals because others do not match up with us. When we alter our thoughts to fit the cookie cutter shape society has given us, it is at the expense of yourself.

There will never be a day that goes by where you think, "I'm so glad I went with the flow, I was better on the ground with everyone else rather than flying in the sky."

These are our golden years, where flying is admired by others that are craving flight as well. There will be a time where flying will be harder to grasp, where you will think about those golden years where you should have jumped at the opportunity of flight.

Be a bumblebee

Beat the odds, defy and laugh in face of people that told you, you couldn't.

A bumblebee does not worry if it is alone. Because the sky is a lonely place, but they know that they are doing what they are good at. They fly where they choose to fly, not worrying if they fit inside the laws of physics.

"Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway."-- Mary Kay Ash

Flight might be impossible, but it is time to fly.