It's Okay To Not Be Quite Ready For Love

Life starts with happiness, not with love.

100
Viktor Hanacek

Love is a really difficult and confusing feeling whether it is motherly love or true love. Some people have love their entire lives, or they find their soulmates at only 16. Love effects everyone differently, but I'm just not ready for true love.

Why must I find the man I want to marry, marry him, and start a family before I earn my degree? What if I was to focus on myself and my degree before I focus on finding love?

I don't want to be alone for my entire life, so don't assume that. In all actuality, I want my mind and my life to have a solid foundation before I decide to build a life with another person. I understand that my body that has a clock that will not always keep ticking. On the other hand, why must I have kids?

Why is that such an accomplishment but getting my college degree is not as great?

Why is everything so much better with love? I'm not saying everyone must wait, but I'm saying it is okay to do whatever you want to do. Be single, be taken. Stay in every weekend, or go to a party every weekend. Take advanced college classes, or take the more comfortable college classes. Go to a community college, a top-rated university, join the military, or go straight to work. Read a book, watch Netflix, or go on an adventure.

Just do what makes you happy, whether it is looking for love or focusing on yourself. Take on life the way you want to. You don't have to wait for love to start living.

When you are ready for love, you will be ready. It does not mean you are alone or lonely. It simply means that you understand your mind and heart. You trust that life will fall into place when you are ready for it to fall into place. You will be so much happier when you follow the steps you want to take instead of the steps other people prefer you to take.

Just remember one thing. It is completely okay to not be quite ready for love right now because your life starts when you are happy, not when you are in love.