It's Okay To Not Be Okay

It's Okay To Not Be Okay

An Open Letter To Anyone Who Isn't Okay

28
It's Okay To Not Be Okay
i.ytimg.com

Dear lovely one,

I understand that sometimes sadness comes upon us like a virus, and doesn't go away. For the times where we are just not okay, here's something to read, to understand that you are not alone. Essentially, it is okay to not be okay. There are many times in our lives, where we are headed for harsh emotional rollercoasters.

For the times you have been in a crowded room, but have never felt like anyone noticed you, making you feel even more alone, it's okay. The truth is is we have all been there, we have all experienced sadness, loneliness, anxiety, depression at some point in our lives, and there isn't anything wrong with it. We are only human, our pain is only natural, but the good thing is pain is only temporary.

For those of you who are not okay, it's okay, you will get through your hurt! I encourage you to confide in someone, talk to someone who is understanding, someone who is okay with your hurt. Let them know you aren't okay. Sometimes, we like to play the tough person, it isn't easy trying to understand what another person is feeling, and most of the time it is easier to just brush off what we don't want to share. From someone who has gone through hurt, it's always easier to go through it when you have a listening ear. It is really a vessel for someone caring, and trying to understand your hurt. In the end when you tell someone you are not okay, they will want to make you feel okay. Don't be afraid to trust someone.

From experience, I have learned the hard way not to shut people out. Growing up, I was always considered the strong friend, the one that people always went to when something was wrong, but soon there came a time where I was the one who needed someone. Since this happened at a stage in my life where I was transitioning from high school life to college life, I didn't have many people to talk to. It was a difficult to find someone to really talk to, for me it took a lot of courage to finally open up about what was going on with me. But first I ended up shutting out a lot of people, I didn't want to know what was going on, I didn't want them to know I was having a big moment of weakness. I let my pride come in between my relationships with friends, I found it the easy way out, just simply to shut out people.

We have friends for a reason, they are there to pick us up when we are down. I didn't allow myself to accept that I wasn't okay. I encourage you to accept you are not okay. I encourage you to make the decision to open up to someone to tell them you need help. I encourage you to think better thoughts, I know easier said than done, but it is still worth a shot. I encourage you, to know you are going to be okay. You are gong to succeed, you are going to get better, but it is only going to take time. I encourage you to smile brighter, think lighter, and laugh more often. Surround yourself in the good, and don't get so caught up in the bad. Don't forget, you are loved!