Sometimes You Don't Understand Everything Behind A Story and That's Okay

Sometimes you aren't meant to understand everything someone is telling you and all you can do is empathize.

19
https://unsplash.com/photos/4Bs9kSDJsdc
Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

Being in a relationship with a friend or a loved one can be hard because sometimes you don't understand what they are going through. It could be problems with their mental or physical health and they don't want to tell you because it could affect you mentally. The empaths get especially affected because of their natural talents of being everyone's emotion garbage can. Not everyone is going to understand the story you're telling them because not everyone is the same. One should be careful with what they say to others because it can bite you in the butt later.

What you experience in your life is never going to be exactly what others have dealt with because every second and detail of the situation will differ slightly. People will understand your story because not completely because they aren't there. Sometimes you won't completely understand your situation because the situation is from your perspective and if there are others involved then you can't know what their complete perspective is. Everyone can speak english to each other but comprehension is another story.

A person can see a red ball rolling across the floor at high speed but the other person could see the red ball coming towards then at their interpretation of speed. The situation can be read differently. My husband and I could go see a movie and understand it differently because of various bits of information that were understood. It is also like reading your favorite book because everytime one reads it could come across a piece of information they accidentally skipped while reading it the last time. That's why we start fights with each other. It is a lack or unseen information that doesn't get passed.

Humans aren't perfect and we shouldn't expect ourselves to be. It's a balancing act, as it is, to be in every age group during your life. The expectations of society, even inside a family unit, could have you acting completely different then your peers and that is okay. People shouldn't expect their peers, friends and loved ones to 100% understand what they are going through because they are not in your head and don't hear your thoughts. It is up to them to interpret what is coming out of your mouth. What a person has learned could be different then the next.

In all of this, it is up to us to be tolerant of each other. Even tolerance could affect you mentally because one may not accept what a person is doing but it shouldn't involve anything passed a conversation. People are lacking communication nowadays because of the rise of technology. I can attest for this because I used to be afraid to communicate because of social anxiety. Technology was my best friend. But once I forced myself to speak, I found that I understood more perspectives of others around me. I will admit that it wasn't always 100% comprehension but it was enough for me to empathize.