It Be Like That Sometimes (but with music)

I've always viewed music as universal; it doesn't matter what language the lyrics are in, the message and tone of a song will always be relatable.

12

Hey everyone! At this very moment, there's a lot going on in my life; from school to my internship and future applications to life in general. I've noticed that there have been times where I just get in a mood. During these times, I find myself turning to music more than ever. I believe that there's a song, and therefore a playlist, for every mood you could possibly have. This article highlights some of my favorites from these past few weeks from when I've needed to be reminded that everything will be okay.

1. Wave – Alex France

Just like the title says, it's all about trying to keep your head afloat. This song represents pushing through; the lyrics focus on keeping your head up through rough waters and waves, with the help of others. It's important to understand that we do have others to help us when we need to, to be excited and down with us when the situation calls for it.

2. Keep My Head Afloat – Jeremy Zucker

3.The Human Condition – Chelsea Cutler

I think the title of the song speaks for itself.

4.talk is overrated (stripped.) – Jeremy Zucker

There are always going to be times when you simply don't feel like talking. You truly feel like talking becomes overrated because no words can help a situation. For me, I really click with the lyrics that say to just vibe. Sometimes things just take time to work themselves out, for better or for worse, and to move on from them.

5.Freedom – Mélusine, CHEF

This last song has a completely different vibe. Mélusine was introduced to me by my boyfriend, reminds me of him and his support. But, the song itself speaks of freedom (obviously). I take it as freedom to do what makes your heart happy, freedom to be passionate about whatever you please. With plant-related metaphors, it's all about growing through situations in order to find your place in life and what makes you happy.

These songs are just a few of my preferences, of course. Everything I've just written is my own opinion and they don't just apply to relationships + those kinds of issues. Most of the music I listen to is on the chiller side of things, but when a situation calls for it sometimes you need to branch out. Music provides people with an escape from their everyday lives and situations and these are just some of the songs that I listen to. Just wanted to share where my heart has been. Hope you like :)

<3 Arielle