Why you should always choose to travel

Why You Should Always Travel

Ever think, wow, it would be cool to go to x country? Well start saving those pennies.

22
Why You Should Always Travel
Gillian Pena

From a very young age, I have been traveling all over. I am so lucky that my parents have allowed me to be exposed to other countries. While many people think this would make one spoiled, I think it really helped influence the person I am today.

My parents divorced at a very young age. So with a mom in North Carolina and a dad in California, my holidays always included an airplane. When I was younger, I would despise this; but the older I got, the more I appreciated it.

You see, even being in an airport, you are exposed to THOUSANDS of cultures just by the people sitting next to you. With this in mind, I try to make it a point to speak to new people around me.

Soon enough without even realizing, I started to use the advice I received from strangers. While yes this is risky, everyone on this earth has a different and unique story. When you take this mindset and apply it to when you travel to new places, your eyes open.

Going to a new place, even if its a drive, plane, or train away, will broaden your horizons monumentally. Seeing new people, trying new foods, looking at history, without even realizing, it changes a person. People always shit on the students who do study abroad or make fun of them, yet traveling is something a classroom will never teach you.

While, yes school is important, there's no comparison of learning about Notre Dame than actually learning about it in Paris rather than in a classroom.

Traveling is a journey of mind and body that is impossible to recreate.

My best advice to grow as a person: Book your ticket and eat some amazing foods, because you will never regret the money spent on traveling.

Your money will return, your time won't.