Is Accutane Right for you?
News

Is Accutane Right for you?

Accutane is a vitamin A-derived pill that is generally recommended by dermatologists in case of severe acne.

8
Is Accutane Right for you?

Accutane is a vitamin A-derived pill that is generally recommended by dermatologists in case of severe acne. It is a powerful drug that works by decreasing the production of natural oils in the skin, which can reduce inflammation. Accutane has been used for over thirty years, and while it has a reputation as a strong medication, it can be very effective when used correctly.

Renowned dermatologist like Dr.Shraga from New Jersey considers Accutane a golden standard for unresponsive acne. It is referred to as the only medication that offers a permanent cure for acne.

What are the different facts about Accutane?

• Accutane doesn’t work on post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or existing scars.
  • It may cause serious side effects, such as depression, suicidal thoughts, birth defects, and liver problems. It is important to discuss any potential risks with your doctor before starting treatment.
  • It can take several months to become fully effective. It is important to be patient and follow your doctor’s instructions to get the best results.
  • It should not be used by pregnant women. It can cause serious birth defects, so it is important to use effective birth control while taking the medication.
  • It can cause dryness and irritation of the skin, eyes, and lips. This can be managed with moisturizers and other products.

How to take Accutane?

Taking Accutane can be an effective way to clear up acne and its effects; however, taking this medication comes with certain precautions and instructions to ensure that it is taken correctly. Here is a guide to help you take Accutane correctly and safely.

1. Visit Your Doctor: Before you can take Accutane, your doctor needs to determine if it is the right treatment for you. Your doctor will examine your skin and evaluate other treatments to see if Accutane is the best option. To ensure the medication is taken correctly, your doctor will likely provide detailed instructions on how to take the medication, as well as explain any side effects that may occur.

2. Take It Exactly as Prescribed: You should take Accutane exactly as your doctor has instructed. This means that you should take the medication at the same time every day, with or without food, and not take more or less of the medication than what is prescribed. Taking more than the recommended dose may lead to more side effects, and taking too little may not be as effective.

3. Monitor Your Skin: While taking Accutane, it is important to monitor your skin closely to make sure the medication is taking effect. Take note of any changes in your skin, such as dryness or redness, and inform your doctor immediately if you begin to experience any side effects.

Final words

Accutane is a powerful medicine to cure severe acne. Make sure you consult your dermatologist before taking this medicine. Start a virtual eVisit with Dr. Alexander Shraga, who is a dermatologist in New Jersey who has proficiency in conditions like acne to understand your skin situation for medications.