If You're Going To Invest In Anything, Learn To Invest In Yourself

You have to motivate yourself enough to get you going because at the end of the day, who is the one person who is always there? Yourself.

85
The Business Woman Media

Don’t waste your energies on something that won’t help you become better. Sometimes people; places, or things can drag you down. You can invest all your time into something that still leaves you at a dead end. How is that helping you? How is that building you up as a person?

That something can even be a someone. Have you ever put so much time and effort into a friendship or a relationship that just flopped? Although it was a learning lesson, you shouldn’t repeat what happened. Never let what happened define you but make sure to heal and move on. Failing is all a part of life. If you don't fail and feel the hurt from that, you won't appreciate how amazing it feels to succeed and win. Likewise, mistakes are inevitable. DO NOT beat yourself up because how else will you learn?

I urge you to give yourself a reality check. Toxic work environments, toxic relationships, and toxic energies can hurt you. Sit down and re-evaluate yourself and your life. What are things that you can improve on? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Who are the people that help you? Who are the people that hurt you?

The following quote flashes in my mind constantly: "Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are". This is very important because who you surround yourself with, says a lot about your character, your drive, and your goals. You need to surround yourself with people who help you and want to see the best in you. If the people you surround yourself with make fun of you, are stagnant in their lives, and show no concern about progression, please remove them from your friend group. They can only hold you back and you need to make the best out of your life for yourself.

You’d be surprised at how the people you thought were the closest to you, can actually be against you. When this happens and before it does (hopefully you never go through this), learn to invest in yourself. Learn to fight off negativity and push yourself to be at your maximum. While you can have supporters backing you up, you have to be your own number one fan.

You have to be ready for every single obstacle. You have to motivate yourself enough to get you going because at the end of the day, who is the one person who is always there? Yourself.