Interviewing Tips: Part 2

Interviewing Tips: Part 2

Read up on these tips and tricks in order to nail your interview!

9
Interviewing Tips: Part 2

Subject: Questions

There are different types of questions interviewers ask in order to receive certain types of answers from the respondent. Open questions vary in their degree of openness and allow respondents freedom to determine the amount and type of information they give. You should answer these questions with vital information that you want your interviewer to know about you. An example of a highly open question is: "Tell me a little about yourself." Don't answer this question with things that are on your resume; give the interviewer something unique.

Closed questions are narrowly focused and restrict the interviewee's freedom to determine the amount and the kind of information to provide. These questions tend to make interviewers talk more than the respondents. If you find that you are not talking enough in your interview, be sure to include pertinent information at the end. Interviews typically end with: "Do you have any questions for me or anything else you want to add?" This time is your chance to get anything else out that you want the interviewer to know about you. If you can't think of anything to say or questions to ask, there is always a back up answer. End the interview with: "I can't think of anything else at this time, but thank you so much for this opportunity. I would love to work for this company, and I'm looking forward to hearing back from you."