Interview With A UGA Student

Interview With A University Of Georgia Bulldog: 8 Tips For UGA Freshmen

This year, a close friend of mine got accepted into it, and I finally had the chance to ask her all about my dream school — University of Georgia.

34
Instagram/universityofga/universityofga
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmLftXJHieW/

Since many high school students who want to apply to University of Georgia (UGA) have questions about the education and environment, I decided to interview my friend, who is a student there, about the lifestyle. Ever since I came to America and first started thinking about college, UGA has always been my top pick. Luckily for me, my friend Preethi was accepted into the school and informed me all about it. I always knew UGA was a great school but her experiences made me realize life there would be better than I thought.

What is the hardest part about studying at UGA?

UGA Finals

"Since you only have a few classes a day the rest of the time should be spent on studying, but it is hard to discipline yourself and actually study. Additionally, every exam is weighted heavily and it is worse when you have multiple major grades in one week."

What is the best part about studying at UGA?

Study Center

"There are many nice places to study. When you get bored of studying, changing your location can help you stay focused. Not to mention, the food is great."

How is the living environment at UGA?

UGA Campus

"UGA has an outstandingly beautiful campus. The living environment, for many students, varies based on dorm and as a result, varies based on person. Some people have better experiences than others. The location and type of your dorm in relation to your classes is a major factor in this. Additionally, there are many courtyards situated around the campus where students can relax and enjoy themselves while playing games and sports such as Frisbee."

What facilities have you seen in your campus that you think help you and your fellow classmates study more effectively?

"There are study rooms in every dorm or if you do not like a completely silent environment you can study in the lobby as well. Additionally, there are multiple libraries and student centers located at various parts of the campus."

What do you think of your classes this year?

Classes

"Philosophy (Introduction to Ethics) and African American Sociology are relatively easy classes that are not very time consuming. Moreover, sociology is a very interesting class because it deals with racial issues that we are facing in the world today. Physical Geography involves a great amount of textbook reading and there are no easy grades; the only grades you have are tests and a final making it very stressful. Pre-calculus is a moderately difficult course and the course structure is similar to that of a high school class but with less instructional time."

Since this is your first year at UGA, do you think high school was easier or harder to settle in than college?

"I felt that high school was a bigger change for me. Since I took many APs in high school, I felt more prepared for college. If I had not I am sure that college would have been a harder change, especially since it is also the first time you are living away from home."

What majors would you recommend specifically for the incoming UGA freshmen next year?

Miller learning center

"It is well known that UGA has a great business program. Psychology is also one of the majors with the most applicants. After going to UGA I realized that they are also many people who major in Physical Therapy which I did not expect. This shows how UGA has many majors to choose from including some that you may not even know about."

What advice would you give to the new UGA freshmen next year?

"My best advice for the incoming freshmen is to stay on top of their work and not fall behind."