Internet Friends As Aren't Scary As Your Parents Made Them Out To Be

What they failed to mention that they're some of the most honest, kind, loving people you'll ever meet.

78

When I was younger, my parents always told me not to talk to people on the Internet because they're not who they say they are.

I didn't start meeting people online until I signed up for All Time Low's fan club "The Hustler Club," and it wasn't until 2017 that I met one of my friends in person.

My friends give me advice, they support me, they give me hope that things'll get better and they tell me like it is.

We're in group chats. We fangirl over bands. When there's a concert that we're all planning to meet at and travel for, we plan out our days minute-by-minute to make sure they go perfectly.

Meeting them in person for the first time can be a little nerve-wracking because maybe they've never heard your voice or seen you except for in a few pictures, so you start to wonder if they'll really like you, but when you see them and run to hug them tight, it'll feel like they live just down the street.

Internet friends aren't there to judge. They don't care what you look like or where you live because they're likely a few states over or in a different country. They, like you, have a passion for something and want to meet other people who are interested in the same things that they are.

I talk to my internet friends nearly every day. Some of them I have met in person thanks to bands, others I hope to meet soon. We understand each other's crazy busy schedules and are each other's number one fans.

We're there in times of need and provide words of encouragement or a boost when it's really needed. When we're together, everything feels right in the world, and when it's time to part ways, it's sad because you have to go back to reality.

It's not hard to make an Internet friend, especially if you like a lot of bands like myself. Follow some groups on Facebook or Tweet about some bands or things that you are interested in. Someone will comment on your post and you'll wonder where they've been your entire life.