Interactive Journal Books That Have Really Helped

Here are 3 books that I have all tried that have helped me become a better thinker and a better writer!

49

When I started at Rowan University, I had a lot of anxiety because I didn't know many people and I was contemplating on changing my major. Also, I was just overwhelmed by the number of people that were on campus. I wasn't quite sure what to expect; however, I found my spot in Barnes & Noble that really helped me. I didn't get all of them from Barnes & Noble but once I got my first one I started my first workbook, I was on Amazon constantly looking for them.

To start off the list is one that I found off an Instagram advertisement. Once you start googling things, I guess Instagram decides to help out and help you look for books. My number one is Present: The Workbook. This is an interactive writing/reflection book to help you focus on the positives and to begin affirmations. The reason why I like this one so much is because it is one entry a day and you can always fill in the date on the top right so you don't feel pressured.

I've seen a couple books where they have the date already filled in for you, but life happens and sometimes we can't always sit down to journal. The promise in this range from "what was the happiest day of your life," "what would your dream house look like," and various things asking what you're grateful for. I really like the aesthetic of the cover and how you're able to personalize the inside. Most of the time it's just text so if you have the urge to doodle I recommend this one for you. This book has helped me reflect more on positive aspects of my life and what I'm grateful for than any other one I've had before. I might also add

Keri Hill is a very sweet woman, who I have reached out in an email to. You can find her book at:

The next one is more geared toward poetry lovers for those who want to expand their creativity in their writing. This one is called Find Your Voice I actually found this book by mistake when I was looking for my textbooks last semester. the colors of the cover stood out to me so I picked it up and I realized it was a journaling/prompt-like book. This isn't something that you have to do every day, I actually like to do this once a week to challenge myself to write in different ways. What is it from main reasons why I purchase this was because I was in a self-publishing class and at the end of the class we had to make a website. My website is to promote my poetry and hopefully I will sell my collection sometime soon. This book is a tremendous help with writing block and when you can think of what to write. If you're taking a creative writing class or any sort of writing class of that matter. I highly recommend this book because the prompts are so unique and sometimes picturesque. You can buy this one here:

Last but not least is "Every Day is Epic" by Mary Kate McDevitt. This one is so FUN to me and there are so many different prompts. I like to save business cards to places that I have visited and I am able to glue it in there where I made my journal entry for the day. Every day you get an "epic meter" to rate your day, you can design jean jackets, name cats, just write general notes about the day, write about events that have you feeling down. The possibilities are endless in this one. I love the uniqueness of this one and how it is lively. This one really brightens my mood even if I'm having a really bad day. Also, I might add that this one is huge so you have plenty of days to journal and reflect. You can find this one here:

I hope you enjoyed my short list and let me know if you have any recommendations for me! Remember to breathe, you got this! Writing is such a positive creative outlet in times of stress.