How To Instantly Make Your Day Better

How To Instantly Make Your Day Better

For the Debby Downers

16
How To Instantly Make Your Day Better

There are some days that seem like they go on forever, and not in a fun way. Days like this could include: falling very publicly, failing an important test, finding out you were actually switched at birth, or discovering that, like our friend Anne, your dad was actually prince of Genovia and now you have to run the country. On these days, there are two choices you can make: wallowing, or doing something to make yourself, and your day, a little bit better. Here are some of my suggestions.

1.) Remember that Michael Cera will probably be playing an awkward teenager into his late 50's.

Yet another gem coming from the great land of Canada, I'm pretty sure Michael Cera is going to be gracing us with his presence for years to come. Just imagine our pal Michael trying his best to ask out twenty year old quirky girls until he is using a walker. Then stammering frantically as he gets rejected. I'm pretty sure that's something to look forward to.

2.) Put your blanket in the dryer for like fifteen minutes and then wrap yourself into a blanket burrito.

Look at this dog. Happy. Safe. Pure. Be like this dog. Forget about your shortcomings. Roll yourself up.

3.) Find a good book to read. Don't think about how climate change is dramatically affecting the environment and your inevitable role.

I've got a bunch of recommendations, but I don't think you really want to hear them right now. Just keep scrolling.

4.) Make this sandwich or some kind of variation of this sandwich

One sandwich. Nine different combinations. Nine. That's what I call innovation and this is part of the reason why the internet is a worthwhile place.

(Authors note: I made this while writing this article. Step away from your phone or computer right now and do it. It's amazing.)

5.) Not into sandwiches? I have another solution

Obama sushi. Celebrate a great president who is leaving us for the possibility of someone who is essentially a steaming pile of orange garbage.

6.) Petfinder.com

I will advocate for this site until the day I die. Type in your location, your preferred breed of dog, even their age, and feast your eyes on the best that America has to offer.

Bad days happen. Even if you're the most positive person in the world, lots of people would not enjoy discovering that they were actually switched at birth. If you're expected to suddenly run a small country, it could be good to take a step back and make a sandwich with nine different combinations. Religious oligarchy is very difficult on an empty stomach.