Instagram Reel Is The Classy TikTok Alternative — Here's Why

Instagram Reel Is The Celebrity-Loved, Classy TikTok Alternative — Here's Why It's Way Better

Remember when Jason Derulo lost his two front teeth from a TikTok challenge?

6165

TikTok was banned by the president, but Instagram is here with its newest feature called Reel. Many of us are still wondering why TikTok was being banned in the first place. Was it all the dangerous TikTok trends? It was because of a security concern, but not in the way you might think.

TikTok is owned by Dancebyte, which is a China-owned company. Basically, just like any other app, TikTok collects the user's data. The main question to ask yourself when investing in any app or marketing tools who will be owning my data? So yes, China currently owns all the TikTok user's data worldwide.

This is precisely why India banned TikTok as well.

There's no need to be all bummed out about this because Instagram released their new feature called Reel. Instagram Reels incorporate visual editing for short films similar to TikTok.

Many celebs have started experimenting with Instagram Reels because it's just like TikTok.

Instagram has always been business savvy. When Snapchat came out Instagram added Instagram Stories. When Vine was popular Instagram added videos. IGTV is the Instagram version of YouTube. The latest version of what is trending is no problem for Instagram.

Another great aspect of this business is that it never markets to encourage risky behavior such as the ridiculous TikTok trends that have caused numerous injuries.

Of course, I will always be thankful for all the BLM footage on TikTok.

Remember when Jason Derulo lost his two front teeth from a TikTok challenge? He put a corn on a cob on a drill and used it to eat the corn more « efficiently ». The cringe trends by TikTok go on like remember when licking the toilet seat of an airplane during the pandemic was a « stand ».

Keep it classy, Instagram, we will always love you!

Jason DeRulo's TikTok challenge went totally wrong.

Interestingly enough, Instagram heard Jason Derulo’s screams as just last week Instagram launched Reel, the new TikTok. This unfortunate incident was posted both on IG & TikTok.

Selena Gomez used Instagram Reel to promote her new HBO cooking show.

7.6m Likes, 44.5k Comments - Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) on Instagram.

Instagram launched Reel the same day Selena Gomez flared her new HBO series trailer and added a personalized clip for Reel to engage her viewers to some behind the scenes of her filming set.