7 spots in Indy for Nice Pictures

7 Insta-Worthy Spots In Indianapolis

My whole life I thought Indiana was really boring, like REALLY BORING, but not anymore!

269
7 Insta-Worthy Spots In Indianapolis
Linete Taina

I'm a person that really enjoys photography and I always had a problem finding places to take pictures. After going to downtown, I realized that Indianapolis is a lot more than just corn fields. There's a lot of nature, brick walls, even a canal, and many art walls along the canal. The more I researched the more places I found and new things to do. Indianapolis has many things to do: the Canal, the Circle or the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, Butler University (I have to plug my own college), museums, and more nature like places. So I put together all of the pictures from all of the places, I've dragged my friends with me just for pictures.

1. Visit Southeastway Park 

Southeastway Park is in the South Indianapolis area, its a great nature area with a track and park area. Nature gives an amazing background which represents Indiana a lot and the perfect lighting add a bright effect on her face.

2. Find a local park 

The weather was perfect as the sun was not out so it made a calm picture. This park is really close to my high school so it was the easiest spot to take nice pictures in the local area. There were so many pictures from both of these photo shoots, it was really hard deciding what pictures to use.

3. Go to Children's Garden Park 

This area is in Greenwood near Mrs. Curls, which is a famous ice cream shop. The park had many areas that were amazing for pictures. I still remember that day, it was freezing cold like I was dying to even hold the camera. But the pictures were worth it.

4. Visit the Soldiers and Sailors Monument 

The Soldiers and Sailors Monument has a mix of everything you would want in a picture: water, flowers, brick walls and the city vibe. I personally recommend the circle a lot because it offers so much for really amazing pictures.

5. Stop at the center of the capitol 

It's basically the center of the Capital, and you will always find a new area to take a picture. Trust me, I've taken all of my friend's pictures there, and none of the pictures look the same as the other. They're all unique.

6. Stop by the White River Canal 

Don't even get me talking about the Canal, its SOO beautiful like its amazing. Indianapolis is known for its man-made White River Canal that offers biking, boating, and canoeing. The brilliant backgrounds that the canal has, the walls filled with art, the water fountains, the view, and the greenery.

7. Head to the canal downtown 

I don't know if you realized I really believe in order to have a brilliant picture you need an amazing background to draw attention to the person in the picture. And the Canal is the best spot for water background as Indiana is in the Midwest so were located far away from any large body of water, which makes me sad because I love being by the water.

8. Visit the Indiana State Capitol 

My friends and I were just walking to the canal because that's where we were going to take pictures, but on the way, we passed by these huge building that had great structure. I yelled, "someone go stand there, go quickly." By this time my friends were annoyed with me. The glass windows and the huge white towers just give more attention to who's in the picture.

9. Campuses, like Butler University, are perfect spots 

Here comes my favorite place, Butler University. You get everything in this college setting. It gives everything you get from Indianapolis as a whole. Nature, water, and brick walls which all connect to amazing pictures.

10. Visit a local art museum, like Newfields or the MIA 

My French class in high school would take us to the MIA every year. We would look at the art, but my friends always focused on the gardens, we literally had a hiking group. Being outdoors is my big thing and just being with my friends taking nice pictures is just happiness. I wanna thank my friends for supporting me and letting me torture them for all of these pictures. Love you guys!