Don't Forget To Celebrate Freedom And Independence On The 4th, The True Meaning Of July 4th

"Parties are fun and all, but we would not have them without freedom."

23

According to Wikipedia, "During the American Revolution, the legal separation of the Thirteen Colonies from Great Britain in 1776 actually occurred on July 2, when the Second Continental Congress voted to approve a resolution of independence that had been proposed in June by Richard Henry Lee of Virginia declaring the United States independent from Great Britain's rule. After voting for independence, Congress turned its attention to the Declaration of Independence, a statement explaining this decision, which had been prepared by a Committee of Five, with Thomas Jefferson as its principal author." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_(United_States)#Background

What does this all mean? FREEDOM FOR ALL!

Why is this important? Because we became independent from British rule. This was a remarkable day in history. However, we get so caught up in the parties, barbecues, games, which is so fun and we should. But do we take a moment to appreciate our independence?

Independence day was and still is a historical mark in history. We should celebrate it. But freedom and independence is the most important part of this. The continental congress voted for Independence, and Thomas Jefferson played a huge role in writing the declaration.

Colonists have actually celebrated the 4th like we do, but it does seem much bigger today. They had tons of foods and parties to celebrate independence from Britain. 4th of July eventually became a federal Holiday, no work yay!

But really, what a historical and great moment in American history. Can you imagine a world without freedom? I could not. Well, I guess we do not have total freedom or else everyone would commit crimes! But freedom in the manner of being able to live our lives is pretty cool.

That's why on the 4th we need to remember the importance of being able to be independent. We have a voice, we have the ability to move, travel, hang with people, this is awesome. Of course, everyone's situations are different but the point is the world would be such a cruel place without being able to have independence.

This 4th of July, while your watching fireworks and eating hot dogs, remember the declaration that helped us all.

Happy 4th!

For more information and history facts on the 4th of July, visit: https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/july-4th