The Importance Of Having A Positive Outlook
Health Wellness

The Importance of Having A Positive Outlook

Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.

306

Wake up, groan at the sound of my alarm, roll out of bed, and complain about starting the day and how long it will be due to all the work I have to do that day.

For the longest time, this is how I woke up in the morning. As soon as I got out of bed, I would already be acting negatively before the day even began. I then learned pretty quickly that if you have a negative attitude and outlook on your day, that is exactly how it is going to be. So I would drag myself through the day, go to class, take notes, do my homework, etc. Then I would go back to bed and repeat the same thing each and every day.

Then one day I woke up to repeat the same routine, and a very close friend of mine told me to look at the positives of that day, even if they were just little things like it's a nice day. She told me, when you start each day, thank the Lord for the gift of another day where you wake up healthy and realize that each new day is an opportunity to be successful and to improve your life. Now, this may be a lot easier than it sounds but if you look at each day this way and take the initiative to make it a good day, you will start to see some major changes in your life. Because having a positive outlook on life each day, will make you a happier person and will make the stresses of your life seem so little.

Before you go to bed when you set your alarm for the morning, try setting it to a happy song, or a song that will help you get out of bed in the morning. I 100% recommend "Africa" by Toto because that is what I have set for some of my alarms. But I suggest any song that will make getting up in the morning a lot easier. After you get yourself out of bed in the morning, you might be thinking about all the stuff you have due that day or have to work on, so try making a checklist of everything you have to do that day and just take it one little step at a time. Then just keep reminding yourself, this will be a great day. You woke up, healthy and alive and you have the potential to make this day the best day ever, and if for some reason it turns out to be a bad day, then you just have to remember tomorrow is a brand new day. But the most important thing to keep reminding yourself throughout the day is to stay positive and do not let the little things ruin your whole day.

I myself, am guilty of overthinking and overreacting over little things that at the moment seem like they are the end of the world, yet in retrospect, it was no big deal after all. I think everyone has these moments in life and they can feel like they are unavoidable. But you just have to think about what you are getting so upset over and ask yourself, is this really worth it? And just keep that positive attitude and tell yourself that you will get through this because you are so much stronger than you know. And I'll be honest, some days it is really hard to wake up and be this happy positive person and just forget about all the problems that you may be dealing with. It will happen, but you just have to get yourself to relax, take a step back and realize everything will be okay in the end.

Nothing happens overnight if you want to change your attitude and become a more positive person you have to be consistent with it every day. When you wake up each day, just remind yourself to be positive and always look on the bright side of each day. Because even in a world where it seems like there are so many negative things happening every day, you have to learn to find the positive no matter how little it may be. When you learn to change your outlook on life, you will start to be a happier person and appreciate the little things in life. People will enjoy being around you, and overall, you will just feel so much better. In the words of Shiv Khera, "Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success".