The Immigration Tear Gas Photo Isn't As Straight Forward As You Think
Immigration

Children Are Getting Hit With Tear Gas, Who's To Blame?

Who is commanding these orders? Does Trump want what is best for our country, or is he being selfish? What if we let a group of people into the United States and 1/3 of them were gang members, but the rest became upstanding citizens?

264
immigration sign

Earlier this week, I came across an article and it peaked not only my interest but my level of confusion. It was about parents, children, and serious harm's way. The first thing that comes to mind could be that a parent left their child in the car at the grocery store like you've seen 100 times online. Or maybe you're thinking that a child almost got hit while getting off the school bus because that's the big news right now.

I wish I could say it's that simple, but it's not.

I'm actually talking about something much worse. I'm talking about parents blatantly putting their children in front of gunfire. I'm talking about breaking the law. I'm talking about yelling, screaming, and tear gas.

People are attempting to illegally cross the United States border, and they are dragging their little ones with them.

On Sunday, November 25th, there was a "peaceful" march in Tijuana, Mexico near the San Diego, California border. At some point, something provoked hundreds of people to start running for the United States border, and Maria Mesa along with her children were involved in this occurrence.

There was a photo captured by Kim Kyung-Hoon while this chaos was taking place, and it's been scattered across the media in the United States. NBC News, New York Times and any other publication that you can think of is covering it. You see headlines like "United States Uses Tear Gas on Children," and "Poor Mother Tries to Escape to The US for a Better Life."

The reality of it is, these people are crossing the border illegally and you cannot simply differentiate between the good and the bad; especially when countless people are darting around trying to avoid border control.

After the commotion, the press found Mesa and interviewed her. Mesa stated that her son passed out from the tear gas and that he could have died. She also claimed that she was rushing the border in hopes to enter legally.

Take a moment to think about that. This woman knows that her son could have died, but she still took the chance to simultaneously rush the border with multiple others knowing the consequences. But why would she do this? In the NBC News interview, Mesa also revealed that they (Mesa and her children) were attempting to legally cross the border to make it to her husband, who is residing in Louisiana.

Something doesn't add up here... maybe it's the fact that she rushed the border with hundreds of other migrants that had intentions of crossing the border illegally. Or possibly it's that the media covers Trump's press conferences, and Trump explicitly states that border control is tightening up.

It's a challenging, lengthy process to acquire US citizenship but it is not impossible. Just because it takes you an hour to get to work in the morning, it doesn't grant you the right to go 20 miles per hour over the speed limit, does it? This applies to become a US citizen, as well as every other law that is set in place.

The system needs improvement, but refinement will never take place if we have to constantly worry about migrants, criminal or not, crossing the border illegally. Advancements in the setup will not prevail if the left and right are persistently arguing over what changes they believe should take place. What can you do as a tax paying, hard working, United States citizen to make change happen? What do we really need to be talking about? What's next?