I'm Thankful For All The 'Puddles' In Life

Turning my small burden into a blessing.

25
rain reklam

If you've been living in the world for the past week then you've heard/seen the devastation in Texas from Hurricane Harvey. Hurricane Harvey flooded Texas and left people without homes, cars, pets, belongings, and loved ones. Seriously, it's one of the worst things I have ever seen in my 19 years.

So, this past Thursday, a huge rain storm came through my hometown in South Carolina. I was actually at school at the time of this rain storm. I had just walked all the way across campus in the pouring rain and stepped in every puddle and my feet and legs were SOAKED. I'm talking, dripping wet. Anyway, after I left the building I was in, I walked back across campus to eat lunch with a friend and right before I had to leave to go to class, the bottom fell out.

If you don't know what that means, it means the sky basically opened and it poured, I'm talking pelting rain. I had no choice but to walk in it and after walking across campus AGAIN, I arrived to class with a soaked book bag, Kavu, feet, and hair because my rain jacket just wasn't helping and I left my umbrella at home.

The entire time I was walking to class, I was walking through standing water and puddles all while complaining because it was raining and I was soaking wet and had makeup running down my face.

Right before I opened the door to go into the building for class, Jesus stopped me in my tracks. I immediately thought, there are people whose homes are underwater, whose cars are underwater, who have lost their pets, and have no place to stay and I am complaining about a "torrential down pour" and some PUDDLES??

Really?? I have a house to stay in, a bed to sleep in, and food to eat and I'm the one complaining? These people have been through SO much in a week and yet they are still smiling and so THANKFUL. They have hope, peace, and strength in one of the worst devastations.

Needless to say, I am beyond THANKFUL for those puddles I had to walk in and for Jesus who basically told me to stop complaining and be thankful and oh how thankful I am. Thank you, Jesus, for reminding me to be thankful and to turn my small burden into a blessing.

Take time to be thankful for all the "puddles" in life, and keep praying and keep donating and keep sending all your love to Texas because it's going to take years for these people to rebuild and get back to some sort of normalcy. If you feel lead to donate, there are PLENTY of places to donate and places to send items for these people.

Texas, I'm praying for you. Keep staying strong. #TexasStrong