I’m Over Summer, And I’m Not Afraid To Say It

I am 100% over summer and August isn't even here yet.

81
https://www.eehealth.org/-/media/images/modules/blog/posts/toohotworkout.jpg
EE Health

Remember in December when we were all snowed in and our toes were frozen no matter how many socks and blankets we wore? Those were the days we promised we'd never complain about the heat ever again because this weather was just too cold.

I do thoroughly enjoy winter because our bodies need a break from the months of sun and sweat, and summer makes us appreciate winter, just as winter does the same for summer. It's like we're stuck in this love triangle of loving summer and loving winter but also hating both simultaneously.

But I'll say it. I am 100% over summer and August isn't even here yet.

We just broke from a heatwave, with days in the upper 90's to 100. Man, it was grueling if I might add. Never in my life have I been so uncomfortable. I couldn't even get into my car without breaking into a massive sweat. My house constantly felt like a sauna and I had headaches for days from lack of hydration.

I am thankful every day that I don't live in a hotter state.

But the sun and heat are only half the problem; let's talk about the humidity.

Walking outside felt like you just walked into a bowl of creamy tomato bisque. Then, if you're a runner or cyclist, doing your workouts outside was just agonizing. If there's an athlete out there that genuinely loves to work out in 100% humidity, I'd be flabbergasted.

Now, with that being said, there are only 60 days until fall. 60 days until crispy mornings and chilly nights next to a fire. Just 60 days. We can do it guys.

I always found it so intriguing that we can so easily become so sick of something, just completely exhausted by the thought of it. That's exactly how I feel about summer. I'm exhausted buying the thought of eight more weeks of excruciating heat. I need fall nights, football games, cozy sweaters, and pumpkin lattes.

The heat makes us crazy and irrational, and we'd do anything for ice-cold water or to stay cool, like contemplating shaving our heads. None of us want that.

Let the countdown begin.