I'm Halfway Done With College, But I Never Want It To End

I have grown experienced so much joy, growth, and confidence in these two years, why would I want it all to end?

197
Whitley Taylor

Everyone always says that college is the best four years of your life.

It is the time in your life where you have the independence without the responsibility, and responsibility without the independence. You can make your own choices and do whatever you want but without the pressures of having a job, making money or doing "adult" things.

I don't want to be cheesy and say that college has been some of the best years of my life yet, but I've finally started to understand why this is supposed to be the best four years.

College has brought me so much joy. I have met some of the best people I have ever known, I have made some incredible memories and I have laughed the hardest I ever have in college. I have met new people, I have taken fun classes and I have been surrounded by people who have similar goals and values.

College has brought me so much growth. I would say that I was pretty independent in high school, but college has brought this independence to a new level. I have grown as a strong woman, I have learned to be professional and I have gotten involved in things about which I am passionate. I have honestly become the best version of myself.

College has brought me so much confidence. Moving nine hours from home without knowing a soul was a scary, scary thing, but I am so thankful that I did so. I have learned to stand on my own, I have found my passions and I have started preparing myself for the "real world."

It's incredibly hard to believe that I'm halfway done with college, but honestly, I never want it to end. While I know that in just two short years I will be ready to take on the world thanks to all that college has done to prepare me, it's just going to be so hard to let it go.

I have grown experienced so much joy, growth and confidence in these two years; why would I want it all to end?

I'm halfway between high school and college. Wow, what a difference those first two years have made in my life. I can't wait to see what the rest of college can do for me.

If these next two years are anything like the first two, I'm in for a wild ride. It's hard to imagine what two more years out there will do for me.