To Every Girl Who's Been Told She's 'Hard To Love'

"Stop looking for me," Love replied, "and I will find you."

280
Laura Moxley

This one is for the girls who have been told that they're hard to love.

Or the girls that are so hard on themselves for not being in a relationship.

One of my favorite stories in the whole entire world is called "Patience" by Lang Leav (A wonderful poet and author, seriously recommend). Sort of long but very worth the read.

"Patience and Love agreed to meet at a set time and place; beneath the 23rd tree in the olive orchard. Patience arrived promptly and waited. She checked her watch every so often but still, there was no sign of Love. Was it the twenty-third tree or the 56th? She wondered and decided to check, just in case. As she made her way over to the 56th tree, Love arrived at tree 23 where Patience was noticeably absent. Love waited and waited before deciding he must have the wrong tree and perhaps it was another where they were supposed to meet. Meanwhile, Patience had arrived at the 56th tree where Love was still nowhere to be seen. Both begin to drift aimlessly around the olive orchard, almost meeting but never do. Finally, Patience, who was lost and feeling quite resigned, found herself beneath the same tree where she began. She stood there for barely a minute when there was a tap on her shoulder. It was Love. 'Where are you?' She asked. 'I have been searching all my life.' 'Stop looking for me,' Love replied, 'and I will find you.'"

Every single time I read that I get so happy and warm! I actually have it printed out and sitting on my desk because I love it that much. I love it because I think it's something that most people forget, and it's so important.

I think most of us here in college find ourselves spending more time searching for a boyfriend or a significant other rather than doing things we love or focusing on something we want to get better at.

We need to remember that in order to find someone we have to be patient and take time to better ourselves before we start looking for someone else.

It's so important to learn how to be OK on your own and not have the urging need to need someone else to complete you.

I know so many girls that are always in new relationships or searching for new ones constantly, and I think it's so pointless at the age we are. Take this time in college to take care of yourself and find yourself rather than to try and find somebody to do it for you.