I'm Almost A Senior

I'm Almost A Senior

Wow. Where did the time go?

14
I'm Almost A Senior
Baim Hanif on Unsplash

So, I'm almost a senior. What?

I am sitting in my junior year apartment right now thinking about how crazy that is.

I feel like I just got here and now I only have one year left.

I remember being a freshman perfectly. I was so excited and so nervous when I drove up to my freshman year home.

It really is starting to hit me. Wasn't that just yesterday?

I see students everywhere on campus taking graduation pictures and I realize that'll be me in exactly one year.

This almost brings me to tears.

As I reflect, I'm wondering what my future self would say looking back on this article. Probably, "You still had a year. Soak in every single moment."

My future self is right. I still have one whole year of being on campus, making memories, being with friends, meeting new ones. This is my opportunity to do everything I always wanted to do in college. Join every organization, get involved, be present, make plans, live life as a college student for the last bit that I can.

Yes, I am still so sad when I think about graduation, not to mention the pandemic that messed up all of my junior year plans.

But, I'm looking at this upcoming year as a chance to really enjoy this campus. Walking to classes, driving to the nearest park, grabbing a meal at a dining hall, noticing the flowers on the main lawn.

Every time I get annoyed with having to walk to class or a club meeting or a friend's apartment, I will remember this article.

This is my last year of college, ever. One day this will just be a little spot in life, 4 years where I only remember the really good parts. I'm going to make my senior year memorable.

Everyone says that senior year is that year. It is a year of laughs, cries, hugs, memories, closure, and new opportunities and chances.

So, if you're also an upcoming senior, don't be discouraged or sad, as hard as it may be. We still have one whole year. Let's make it count.