I'm A 20-Year-Old Grandma And Totally Fine With It

Can someone pour me a cup of tea already?

67
Brzegy / Tumblr

“Are you going out tonight?” Well, if going out means staying in yoga pants and eating chocolate all night, then yes, I am going out. But that’s not the case.

Hi. I’m Jamie and I’m a 20-year-old grandma, no shame either. Whenever people tell me that I’m an old soul, I'm always like, "Why thank you." While everyone’s out on the weekends, I’m in sweats. While everyone’s getting dressed up on Friday nights, I’m baking cookies. While everyone’s posting snap stories of their crazy nights, I’m cleaning.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against going out and socializing. I’ve definitely had my fair share of those nights. (#TBT to when I was 18 and cray cray.) But times have definitely changed. I like staying in and reading, I like kicking back with my feet up. So let’s just say if I had a choice, 90 percent of the time I’d choose to stay in and drink tea.

Here are four reasons why I’m totally okay with being a 20-year-old granny:

1. I like the time to myself.

After a busy week of working, studying and doing homework until late hours, I like to relax. I like my alone time. I like laying in bed watching beauty bloggers on YouTube. I like finishing a whole season on Netflix in 12 hours. After constantly being surrounded by people throughout the week, it’s nice to take a breather and relax on your own.

2. I catch up on my sleep.

If you’re a college student who gets enough sleep, I applaud you, because I damn well don’t. I’m always tired and practically need an IV of coffee to get me through the day. I'm a pro-napper so on weekends especially, it’s my time to shine. I love sleeping and I love feeling well rested.

3. I get work done.

Instead of going out on weeknights and weekends, I do homework. Boring, I know. But I’d rather get work done sooner than later. Especially when I have a lot going on, the best feeling is crossing things off in my planner. However, work doesn’t always have to mean homework. I get laundry done, my room cleaned and my stuff organized. Oh, and I wipe out my bank account thanks to online shopping. That counts as getting work done too, right?

4. Delivery/Take Out. YAAAAS.

I love going out for food, but I also love having food come to me. After all, a relationship works both ways. I love ordering food and it gives me another reason to stay in. Whether it’s pizza or Chinese.. whatever it is, I'm down. Whether it's with yourself, your boyfriend/girlfriend, family or friends, ordering in is never a bad idea.

Okay. I just yawned. Can someone pour me a cup of tea already?