10 Signs You're Soft-Hearted & It's Okay
popular

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it

18907
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_BkqNfXpSM.jpeg

You try to please everyone.

You're the type of person that doesn't want to cause rough waters and you'll gladly design a birthday cake to your friends/family taste; because Aunt Becky doesn't like red velvet batter.

You over apologize about anything, even when it's not your fault.

How many of us have been here? A bunch of us. We feel pressured and instantly take the blame in any situation that makes us feel uncomfortable or when we feel tension. Once again, we'd rather take the blame than to cause rough waters.

When you're a sponge.

When I describe someone as a sponge, don't get offended. It just means you're soft. For example: When someone yells at you, gets short or snaps at you- they have squeezed all of the water of you (the sponge). So now, you're a dried up sponge that feels useless.

You want to help anyone.

Even if this meant we'd get home late, have to cancel a lunch date, ANYTHING. We want to help, shine our light and show kindness. Let ME, help YOU!

Remember that one time 10 years ago?

If we think of a bad memory, something sad or just a rough experience we feel that ALL over again. Yes, even if this happened months-years ago. We're sensitive!

We don't care about your past.

I mean this in terms as a friendship or relationship. If you burned people in the past, I'm sorry that's how things happen, but you have a fresh slate with me. Make it right because I won't judge you or think of you any different.

When the favors are returned, you're HUMBLED.

When even someone does the little things for us, it means A LOT! We give a lot and normally never get the favor returned.

We often try to keep people in our lives that want to leave.

Here's another tally where we feel stress on our heart. We want to love our surroundings, uplift everyone and it's like we feel disowned or abandoned when people go negative, shut us out and are trying to exit our lives. Even if it's the best thing for that one person to leave, we just want them so badly to stay it hurts.

We take things personal.

There should be no explaining to this one. If you're a soft-hearted person like me, you understand this.

You LOVE no matter what.

Here's the simple truth. No matter what we love our friends, family, neighbors, pets, significant other, etc. Not to mention, we're perfectly okay with being the softy in the group because our love isn't measurable.