10 Things All The Emmas Of The World Want You To Know

There's a lot of Emmas out in the world, and sometimes it's frustrating!

251
Emma Watson

Shoutout to all the Emmas in the world, I feel your pain. There are a lot of us, the meaning and origin of our name is literally "universal." Maybe, Emmas are meant to rule the universe?

I don't know, but we totally could. Here are ten things that the Emmas of the world want you to know about us.

1. It's Emma, not Emily!

I know sometimes I speak quietly, but it's not that hard to hear that it's just Emma! And no, Emma isn't short for Emily.

2. Not like Emma from "Friends"!

You're kidding, right? I was born and named way before Rachel was even pregnant.

3. If you call out our name and we don't turn around, we're not ignoring you.

We're just so used to hearing other Emmas being called we don't really register the name anymore. If you want our attention you're going to have to try something more unique.

4. We know we're probably not the first Emma that you've met.

Having a common name is super awkward when you have to battle out all the other Emmas that came before you. Stereotypes are wild.

5. Creating an email or a username is the worst.

Do you know how many Emmas have accounts out there? So many! So, so many! Even using a combination of a first and last name is impossible!

6. We're impossible to find on the internet.

Do you know how many Emmas there are on Facebook alone? If you don't have a full last name you're out of luck-- we're invisible.

7. There are not a ton of nicknames we can go by.

I do not look like an Emmy, sorry. And I don't exactly want my professors calling me "Em" or the other nicknames I've been given over the years. Guess I have to stick with Emma.

8. Yes, we've heard of all the famous Emmas out there.

Emma Stone, Emma Watson, Emma Roberts... us Emmas have a lot to live up to.

9. At least we can always find our name on a key chain.

Unless they're out of stock because there's too many Emmas!

10 Like it or not, it's my name.

Yeah, sometimes it sucks to have a super common name, but it's who we are! My parents named me Emma for a reason, and we're stuck with it for life.