Roles I Would Have Loved To Portray As An Actress

Here are 9 roles in some of my favorite films/shows that I would have loved to play if I were an actress.

75

If life was different, these are the characters that I would have enjoyed playing the most.

​1. Roman Holiday (1953)

Though Audrey Hepburn wasn't the number one pick to play the lead role in the film, I couldn't imagine the film without her. I would love to had starred in this classic romantic comedy as the lead, Princess Ann. I loved her character, her outfits in the film, and just the storyline in general. A rebel princess abandoning her duties to spend some time as a "normal" person. While on her adventure, she meets a man who will later become her accomplice and the man she falls in love with. Also, let's not forget this film was shot entirely in Rome, this would be a great film to star in.

2. Pretty Woman (1990)

Ahhh, this is such a great romantic comedy movie. This is one of my favorite movies and I would have loved to play Julia Robert's character Vivian Ward, a prostitute from Los Angeles. A wealthy businessman pays Vivian to spend the week with him and she acts as sort of an escort, since he does take her on dates, buys her designer clothes, and introduces her to his friends as his girlfriend. Within that week the two get to know each other well, learn a lot from each other, eventually develop feelings and the rest is history. You will definitely fall involve with Vivian as well once you get to know her character.

3. Mean Girls (2004)

I don't think I've ever met a girl who hasn't seen this film, this is like a sleepover essential film. Though I love the character of Regina George, I think I would rather have played Lindsey Lohan's character, Cady Heron. Cady has a lot more character growth and much more obstacles to overcome throughout the film. Cady Heron had been home-schooled all her life and when she moves to the United States from Africa and starts attending a public high school, things get complicated as she crosses paths with the three most popular girls in school. This movie is so fetch...

4. Gossip Girl (2007-2012)

I can rewatch this show forever! From the beginning, I had always been fascinated with Leighton Meester's character, Blair Waldorf. I would much rather play Queen B than the It Girl, Serena Van Der Woodsen, sorry S. There is just so much to Blair's character, and we really get to see the reasoning behind her personality. Not only does she run the Upper East Side, but she always has the best outfits (or some only she can pull off), has the best and most complicated relationships, and has the best love story (I think) in the show. I mean who doesn't ship Chuck and Blair!? There just so much complexity to the show that I can't really describe it in short, but if you haven't seen it I definitely recommend it (It's on Netflix!).

5. The Notebook (2004)

One of the best romantic drama films of all time. I am telling you, this is such a great movie that makes me cry every time! I think would have absolutely love to play Rachel McAdam's character, Allie Hamilton. love everything about this movie, and the fact that it is set in the 1940s already makes me want to be in it. I loved the style of that era, and I always wondered what it would be like to live back in those times. This is an epic love story, and Rachel McAdams had Ryan Gosling as her love interest so that would make me want to star in the film even more. I promise you, it would be hard to not love this movie so I if you've been living under a rock and haven't seen it you need to.

6. Breakfast at Tiffanys (1961)

Another great Audrey Hepburn film, and probably her best known! I would have loved to play Holly Golightly, as she is such an eccentric character. This another great romantic comedy that is a must-see, yes it is a classic but it is not in black and white like Roman Holiday.

7. Star Wars 

So there are two female characters that I would have loved to play, one being the obvious Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia. I love her, I mean who doesn't right, she's is so iconic. I would probably have wanted to play her in Return of the Jedi (1983) because this is one of my favorite Star Wars films. The other female character would be Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala and it would be in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005) because this is also on my top favorites of the films. I also love her costumes in this film.

8. The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

This is a fascinating realistic comedy-drama. You will not regret watching this movie, it is one of a kind. Though we all love Anne Hathaway's character Andy, I would have wanted the role of Miranda Priestly, played by one of the greatest actresses ever, Meryl Streep. I love her part in the film and her character is so chilling, I love it. This movie will never get old, and the cast is amazing. This film also takes place in New York City, which adds to the excitement!