Ice Melts, Problems Fade, Nothing Last Forever But Change.

A list of sources that keep me afloat.

222
Unsplash

Earlier this month I wrote an article on my website called “Pushing Through April” in which I was talking about what a struggle the start of the month was for me. So, I decided to list out my intentions for the month as a way to keep myself motivated and true to my word. It hasn’t been easy at all but Tuesday morning as I was driving to work and thanking God for everything that I had my spirit spoke to me LOUD AND CLEAR!

As my windows were defrosting in APRIL (imagine that, snow still? That’s Northeast Ohio for you) I heard my spirit speak aloud from within “Ice Melts.” BOOM! “Ice Melts”...

ICE MELTS — meaning the hardships of your life will settle to what is manageable. What comes up most definitely comes down, the balance will happen and the ebbs will flow out once again.

So with this in mind, I’m realizing that I do not have to figure out my path on my own. In fact, I’ll take it a step further and say that I don’t have to figure it out at all! Life has a way of unfolding. God uses the universe to reveal and as it does my only job is to stay diligent in trying to move according. My only duty is to elevate higher, that’s my job. What will be--- will be and I just need to make sure that when these answers start ringing in that I have something to show for it, because in my lowest moments… in the valleys of my life, I WORKED TO KEEP MYSELF DILIGENT.

So, instead of writing my own thoughts I wanted to share some of my outside sources for motivation when it feels like my head is exploding. I’ve broken it down into: Sounds (music), Scriptures and Quotes.

Sounds:

1. “When it Rains”- Alex Isley

2. “Black Truck”- Mereba

3.“Amen”- Charity Gayle & Emerging sounds

4.“It’s working”- William Murphy

5. "How Deep is your love”- Pj Morton

6. “Loaded Bases”- Nipsey Hussle

7. “Broken Clocks” - Sza

8. “So Many Tears”- 2Pac.

9. “Sing for me”- Jhene Aiko

10. “Frequency”- Jhene Aiko

11. “Ascension”-Jhene Aiko

12. “January 28th”- J.Cole

13. “Ville Mentality”- J.Cole

14. “Legacy”- Jay-Z

15. “Marcy Me”- Jay-Z

16. “Heard em’ say”- Kanye West

17.“Spaceship”- Kanye West

18. “8:28”-LeCrae

19. “Rise Above”- J.Cole

20. “No.51 (The Glory, Pt.2)-Christon Gray

*There are many more songs to come…. I’m sure I’ll be creating a playlist soon; as I continue to scroll through my catalog of music. These are just the first 20 songs that came to mind.

Scriptures:

“But when you pray go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen. Then your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.”- Matthew 6:6

“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”- Colossians 3:15

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.”- Galatians 5:22

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”- 1 Peter 5:7

“Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness”- Philippians 4:7

“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”- Phillippians 4:7

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”-Romans 12:12

“Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience. Giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.”-Colossians 1:11-12

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”- Galatians 6:9

Quotes:

“Out of mind and into my heart.”- Sean “Diddy/Puff Daddy” Combs.

“It is all working out for the greater good. It is worked out for my own good.”- Olivia Jade.

“The thick of yesterday is over. The Glory of today is NOW.”- BW (myself).

“What can be mentioned can be managed.”- Victoria Dugger.

“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”- Eleanor Roosevelt.

“Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.”- Eleanor Roosevelt.

I hope that this helps as a reminder that again, the Ice in your life will melt and when the time comes that your feet are surrounded by the puddles that were once frozen solid as blockade staring you in your face… you’ll know once again that nothing is forever, nothing is impossible and “it’s truly just a matter of time”. In all scenarios---in all circumstances.