I Wrote A Song My Sophomore Year Of College—Here's The Story Behind The Song

It was the first week of classes. I was in my General Chemistry class when I saw this boy walk into the classroom.

12
Allison Solis

"Pretty Boy" is a song that I wrote my sophomore year of college. It was the first week of classes. I was in my General Chemistry class when I saw this boy walk into the classroom. I thought he was cute, and I found myself looking back at him quite often during class that day. So, being the singer-songwriter that I am, I went straight to the library right after class and I ended up writing this song called "Pretty Boy" in about half an hour or so. It wasn't until two days later when I was able to sit down at my piano and transform the lyrics into melodies. I made a Youtube video about it as well, so you should go check it out if you want to listen to my song!

I wrote a song and it's called "Pretty Boy" // Allison Solis www.youtube.com

VERSE 1

i've never looked at someone and be like, "damn. i want that"
until you walked through the classroom door and now my heart has dropped to the floor
cause baby i know that i've seen you before
yeah you're what i see in my dreams when i fall asleep
and now i just wanna go up to you and say
and, and, and saaayyyy

CHORUS

hey pretty boy
any chance you're free tonight?
so i can enjoy
late nights being wrapped up in your arms
cause hey pretty boy
you got this strong euphoric charm
that i want to enjoy
cause it shines around you so bright

VERSE 2

now that i've looked at you and i was like, "damn. i want that"
time passes by, each and every day, adding more seconds to how long
i've been staring at
your pretty face
when i should be doing
chemistry and unit conversions
but i just wanna go up to you and say
and, and, and saaayyyy

CHORUS

hey pretty boy
any chance you're free tonight?
so i can enjoy
cause hey pretty boy
you got this strong euphoric charm
that i want to enjoy
cause it shines around you so bright

BRIDGE

and i wanna know if
it'll be okay if
i could be all that you know
cause i would drop
everything just for you
and give you the whole world but
only if you're down for me too
so i wanna know if
it'll be okay if
i could be all that you know
cause i would drop
everything just for you
and give you the whole world but
only if you're down for me too

CHORUS

so hey pretty boy
any chance you're free tonight?
so i can enjoy
cause hey pretty boy
you got this strong euphoric charm
that i want to enjoy
cause it shines around you
so bright