Why Rainy Days are Awful

Rainy Days Are Absolutely AWFUL, Don't @ Me

A gloomy day is also a doomed day.

58

I am going to lose quite a few friendships after this article is published, but this needs to be said: rainy days suck! I'd rather it be snowing than raining any day.

During rainy days, I literally have no motivation to do anything. It's so dark and gloomy out, and everyone just feels — gray. How do you expect me to get work done if the weather is so bad? Getting up for class daily is already hard enough but on rainy days it's especially difficult and nearly impossible. Every rainy day should be dubbed as days that classes are canceled.

Also, can we talk about how it ruins HAIR? Like, I could have my hair straightened and the moment any part of my head comes in contact with a water droplet, it's over. All of the effort and work that I put into my thick hair is gone, all because of the weather. The frizz is real and I look like I got electrocuted by the time I reach my destination. Humidity plays a huge factor too. The rain could pause but if I walk outside all done up, you best believe my hair will poof up due to the humidity lingering in the air.

When I'm wearing my glasses and it starts pouring, it's so uncomfortable. I hate it when raindrops fill up my glasses and then I am in no control of the fact that I can't see for a second. With the drivers on our campus, that's NOT safe. Ugh, I hate it.

Okay, I am a sucker for keeping my shoes clean, I freaking love my sneakers. If there is unexpected rain and I don't have my rain boots on, I literally will refuse to leave the building until the rain stops or I will Uber everywhere. And even when I am wearing rain boots, they are so uncomfy and walking in them around campus sucks. They don't look cute with any outfit either (at least mine don't). Walking in the rain on campus in general sucks, whether you have an umbrella or raincoat. There are too many people and someone's bound to get poked in the eye by an umbrella.

Rainy days take a TOLL on my mood, too.

Like, I feel just as sad as the weather looks for no apparent reason and start having really dark thoughts about life and my future, or I go to sleep and end up sleeping the entire day. I don't even want to leave my bed. I have things to do and places to be every single day and rainy days will ruin my week whenever they come along.

Rainy days are the literal worst and if you agree, please let me know so we can bond over this.