An Open Letter To Annoying Morning People
Lifestyles

Good Morning, Morning People, Please Leave Me Alone Until At LEAST 11 A.M.

To all the people on campus who see me awake, don't take it personally that I look like I want to strangle anything in sight.

186
woman sitting in bed looking out window

To all the people out there who love mornings and enjoy sipping their coffee while the sun is rising... congratulations. I am definitely not one of those people. Mornings are for silence, little to no conversation, and sleeping if you ask me. Now don't get me wrong, I still love waking up to get breakfast with a friend and getting up early enough to have a nice full day. Though the struggle is real to act like a normal human if that means before 11 a.m.

I grew up in a house with people who like mornings and wake up ready to have a thick conversation, so not being one of those people took time for my family to understand. Especially because the first thing that my older sister does when she gets up is start a conversation. So, back when we would get ready for school together, it was hard for her to understand why I didn't want to have a full-on conversation or why I just liked to eat my breakfast in silence. Even for my parents, they didn't get at first why I was so quiet in the mornings. As I got older people started to understand that I am one of the only people in my family who is not a morning person. Even though at times I have to remind people and say "it's too early for talking" or "I just woke up and this conversation needs to wait."

Flash forward to the present and I am a junior in college, I luckily can design my schedule to fit my hate for mornings even though I still do have morning classes. I know for a fact that I do not look approachable or happy what so ever when I am walking to my 8 a.m. To all the people on campus who see me awake, don't take it personally that I look like I want to strangle anything in sight. I just don't want to be awake and wish that I was still in my nice warm bed.

Some things that I do to deal with my hate for mornings are that I stay far away from anyone who looks like they're going to want to talk to me. I also make sure that if I do have to talk to someone I use small, usually one-worded responses that get right to the point so that the conversation can be over. I now also drink either tea or coffee to try and get to some level of awake as the rest of the world.

So, to all my people that do not like the mornings and struggle to exist when it is earlier than 11 a.m., I understand and we are in this together. To all my people who like mornings and wake up ready for the day, congrats but please stay far away for me and everyone else who hates mornings. Lastly, SHHHHHH.